Bose

80 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bose.

Interview Details – The process was comfortable. The interview was about an hour and the managers were nice. They asked me some random questions but it all made sense in the end. I interviewed with all three managers and they seemed to like me as well did i like them.

Interview Question – Whats your favorite sandwich   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotions

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bose in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard interview. Nothing too crazy. If you can relax and communicate you should be fine. Just brush up on few ECE stuff and thermo/thermal analysis process. Basic technical questions.

Interview Question – Thermal analysis of electrical systems   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Destin, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bose in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email a few days after applying. A phone interview was scheduled with a recruiter. At the end of the interview, I was told that the district manager would be contacting me to schedule an in person interview. I never received contact from the district manager. I emailed the recruiter thanking them for their time and inquiring about scheduling the in person interview, but my email never got a response.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really unexpected or difficult. I thought the interview was rather average, and I thought I had done well.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Power Systems Intern Interview

Power Systems Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bose in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview. A few simple electrical engineering questions and then a lot of conversation about my past experiences. Got the interview by applying online and sending my resume directly to the University Relations representative. Ended up turning their offer down for a better paying and more interesting position at another company.

Interview Question – What is the time constant of a circuit with a resistor of value R and and capacitor of value C in series.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Several offers to choose from; one of them was better.

Designer Interview

Designer
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bose in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with different department heads. Gave me a sense of the landscape of the company. The offices were somewhat bland and corporate but the people were really nice and enthusiastic about their work. Be prepared with examples of work, what challenges you faced and how you overcame them. Arrive early to find parking if you are interviewing in Framingham.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bose?   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Rotation Program
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bose in April 2012.

Interview Details – Overall great interview process. First interview was conducted on campus. Next round of interviews was at their Framingham location. Met with 6 different all from different deparments. Everyone was very receptive and friendly when meeting them. They all seem like they really enjoyed working and being a member of Bose.

Interview Question – This was a rotation program which would consist of working in many different departments at Bose. The interview focused very little on technical areas other than about system design and analysis. The different methods and what they consisted of. Interview was more focused on the candidate's personality, creativity and work ethic   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Birch Run, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bose in September 2011.

Interview Details – The background check took quite a while to be completed. It was a very simple process. Do not go in dressed like an idiot (Baggy pants, sideways hat... Yes I have seen people do this). Wear a nice button up, black pants or khakis, show them the professional side of you. That is what they company prides itself in.

Interview Question – Many customers will come in regarding warranty / repairs for their product. Not saying that it happens a lot but when you sell as many systems as Bose does each year, it is only common sense that some will fail. Technology isn't perfect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little is negotiable.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bose.

Interview Details – my interview process with Bose Corporation consisted of three main parts.

- a phone interview with a recruiter
- a phone interview with the group manager hiring for the available position
- a lengthy on site interview consisting of several 1 hour interviews with several Bose employees

The technical content of the interview varies greatly between interviewers. However, since each team typically consists of EE's with different focuses (i.e. Analog, Hardware, DSP, etc.) you can anticipate the pool of potential technical questions to be vast and varied. However, interviewers could ask questions appropriate to your level of experience in order to start a conversation that will demonstrate your knowledge of the electrical engineering field.

Expect at least five one hour long interviews, including a lunch interview. Bose's cafeteria environment is a major part of the corporate culture. All in all, the interview is more two-way than one, and you will have the opportunity to see the exact products you could have the opportunity to work with.

Just be prepared for the long haul, by far the longest and most exhausting interview I've had.

Interview Question – Difficult to determine as each interviewer is allowed to conduct their interview in there own style. tech talking and whiteboard problems are just as important as speaking about personal project and background experience. Electronics hobbyists and musicians have a slight advantage here.

one curve-ball I remember : "I just pulled this PCB out of the trash (hands me a populated board) can you tell me what it does?"

was not expecting that.
  Answer Question

Engineer II Firmware (Embedded Software Dev) Interview

Engineer II Firmware (Embedded Software Dev)
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bose in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was scheduled a screening interview a week after initial contact. The screening interview was scheduled for 1 hr but it lasted for 1 hr 30 mins. It was not very tough but was very thorough. I was interviewed by the hiring manager. The interviewer asked questions from OS concepts to data structures to object oriented programming concepts and embedded C. I got a call for onsite interview after 2 days. The onsite interview was scheduled after a week. They were very prompt in arranging the flight tickets and hotel bookings. On the day of the interview, I was told to come to the Bose R&D office at around 9:30 A.M. I was received by the HR and she toured me around the office. Then we had 20 mins discussion where she asked standard HR questions. I was scheduled for 5 rounds of technical interview and a lunch with the hiring manager. Each interview lasted exactly one hour. The interviews were fairly tough, but all the interviewers were very friendly. Four out of five interviewers -gave me immediate feedback - whether I answered correctly or not. They even gave the right answer if I answered incorrectly or if my answer were not up to the mark. However, one interviewer did not give any feedback at all and kept on asking questions in rapid fire. I was clueless how I was performing in that round. All in all, it was a hectic day and I was very tired at the end of the day.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bose in April 2014.

Interview Details – on campus interview and then onsite with 7 rounds.

Interview Question – how many stacks in OS   Answer Question

Worked for Bose? Contribute to the Community!