Bose Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.8

Rotation Program Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bose.

For an entry level position with minimal no experience, right out of university. The first interview was a back to back interview on campus, depends if Bose does on campus recruiting at your school. 30 minutes with one recruiter, than 30 minutes with the next. They were very nice, no one asked why should we hire you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bose in October 2014.

Bose hires out to a company called Randstad that recruits for open temp and temp to perm start positions within the customer service and sales office of the company. I do not know if Randstad seeks out potential employees for other positions within Bose. Initially I received a call from a representative from Randstad that had two separate customer service positions. I was able to interview for both positions if I wanted to. The representative gave me ample information about the position I was interviewing for, as well as some key words to look over for an aptitude test that would come later in the interviewing process.

The interview itself was conducted by an office manager, and an assistant manager who worked within the customer service call center. They were very friendly, easy to speak with, and fairly succinct with their interviewing process. The only negative aspect I could think of regarding the interview was an, all too obvious, string of questions that were there to test my patience. They made no attempt at subtly, making it very easy to see through the vale. However, that is only a minor grievance, and a nit-picky one at that.

Interview Questions
    • The aptitude test based on computing and networking technical terms, as well as some minor music engineering/recording definitions.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bose.

Submitted my resume through their website. Few days later I received and email from their HR person and had a call with her. She then scheduled my phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked about my previous experience and asked some technical questions.

The second step in the process was a "code challenge". They email you a small program and ask you to 1) add a missing functionality, and 2) thoroughly document the code (originally there was no comments). They give you about 4 days to work on it. It doesn't take more than few hours to finish it though. After I emailed them my code, it too a week for HR to get back to me and tell me that they want to schedule an on-site interview. A coordinator is supposed to get in touch with me. It took a week for the coordinator to get in touch and scheduled the interview after 1 week. They seem to have a VERY slow process. The on-site interview is supposed to take about 5-6 hours. We shall see how will that go ...

PC Board Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Bose in September 2014.

I was overqualified, but this position offers a way into the company. I met with five people over two and a half hours in "the fishbowl" in the R&D building. I was asked about project experience, how I work in a group, how I handle downtime, about my school experience, what motivated me to apply, why I like engineering. Pretty general and a little excessive for the position.
    They did show me around the building a bit which was very interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Here are a ten and 100 watt lightbulb in series, which one is brighter?   View Answer

I had another offer already and they were too late to keep me from taking it.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bose in September 2014.

Met with the manager and assistant manager in the galleria on the first floor where the food court is. I was interviewing for the opening of the new store coming up at the end of the month.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked no trick questions. The asst. manager asked me to "sell him" a remote control he had with him in a role play situation. Not hard at all. Just looking to see if I could think on my feet and be reasonable.   Answer Question
    I sent a follow up email to check the status and they said they were having trouble finding one of my personal references. The next day I received communication that the reference had been reached and could I meet tomorrow to do paperwork. It was subtle. I came in at 9:30 to the Katy mills location which is currently open and received an offer letter where the manager went through the entire enrollment and procedural process that lasted exactly one hour. I was told I'd start Friday septemeber 26

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bose.

The process was comfortable. The interview was about an hour and the managers were nice. They asked me some random questions but it all made sense in the end. I interviewed with all three managers and they seemed to like me as well did i like them.

no negotions

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bose.

my interview process with Bose Corporation consisted of three main parts.

- a phone interview with a recruiter
    - a phone interview with the group manager hiring for the available position
    - a lengthy on site interview consisting of several 1 hour interviews with several Bose employees

The technical content of the interview varies greatly between interviewers. However, since each team typically consists of EE's with different focuses (i.e. Analog, Hardware, DSP, etc.) you can anticipate the pool of potential technical questions to be vast and varied. However, interviewers could ask questions appropriate to your level of experience in order to start a conversation that will demonstrate your knowledge of the electrical engineering field.

Expect at least five one hour long interviews, including a lunch interview. Bose's cafeteria environment is a major part of the corporate culture. All in all, the interview is more two-way than one, and you will have the opportunity to see the exact products you could have the opportunity to work with.

Just be prepared for the long haul, by far the longest and most exhausting interview I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult to determine as each interviewer is allowed to conduct their interview in there own style. tech talking and whiteboard problems are just as important as speaking about personal project and background experience. Electronics hobbyists and musicians have a slight advantage here.

one curve-ball I remember : "I just pulled this PCB out of the trash (hands me a populated board) can you tell me what it does?"

was not expecting that.
        View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bose in April 2014.

on campus interview and then onsite with 7 rounds.

Audio Digital Signal Processing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bose.

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview for an intern position for the summer of 2014. Turns out this was the first and final round of interviews for interns since they didn't want to fly people up to Massachusetts for an intern position. Interview was pretty basic. Asked questions about my resume, previous projects, and experiences related to signal processing. Knowledge of signal processing skills using MATLAB was heavily desired. Provided examples of these skills and mentioned working with a team as something I thrived in.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty straightforward. Not really any questions regarding anything specific. Was asked to provide an example of DSP skills using MATLAB. Make sure you can clearly explain this step over the phone. I found it difficult to explain with just words...would have preferred drawing it.   Answer Question

Engineer II Firmware (Embedded Software Dev) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bose in March 2014.

I applied online. I was scheduled a screening interview a week after initial contact. The screening interview was scheduled for 1 hr but it lasted for 1 hr 30 mins. It was not very tough but was very thorough. I was interviewed by the hiring manager. The interviewer asked questions from OS concepts to data structures to object oriented programming concepts and embedded C. I got a call for onsite interview after 2 days. The onsite interview was scheduled after a week. They were very prompt in arranging the flight tickets and hotel bookings. On the day of the interview, I was told to come to the Bose R&D office at around 9:30 A.M. I was received by the HR and she toured me around the office. Then we had 20 mins discussion where she asked standard HR questions. I was scheduled for 5 rounds of technical interview and a lunch with the hiring manager. Each interview lasted exactly one hour. The interviews were fairly tough, but all the interviewers were very friendly. Four out of five interviewers -gave me immediate feedback - whether I answered correctly or not. They even gave the right answer if I answered incorrectly or if my answer were not up to the mark. However, one interviewer did not give any feedback at all and kept on asking questions in rapid fire. I was clueless how I was performing in that round. All in all, it was a hectic day and I was very tired at the end of the day.