Bose

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.8

Software Interview

Nothing crazy. Was asked a very basic technical question. For interns, they seem to look more on the behavioral side. I would add more but there wasn't much to this process. They work quickly and gave me an offer ASAP.

DSP Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bose.

applied online and then had an phone interview. asked something about basic dsp concepts like zeros and poles of a Z transformation. low pass filter design after upsampling.

Onsite interview. Asks some matlab programming, find all zeros of a predefined function. some filter design given certain constraint, z transformation and frequency response given a pole. also some c programming question about static keyword.

Graduate Summer Interview

Applied through university system, first round on-campus interviewing including behavioral and a case question. Case was not math intensive, however required probing multiple options to get to the right answer. Main recommendations are go to a store, understand the products, show passion about the products. Understand a lot competitors, features and whether such features really add value to a product or just raise its price.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to decide whether to add a new feature to an existing product, who would you go about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bose.

Telephone interview with hiring manager. Was asked DSP, C and matlab questions. They value referrals greatly. Was contacted directly after online application. This is followed by telephone interview with the HR. They ask you about relocation and compensation requirements

Sales Interview

Applied at a local Bose Store however I did not even get a chance to do an interview. I went down to the store first thing in the morning and handed them my resume since the person in charge was not there yet. I came back later talked to a different person and asked if they were able to take a look at my resume. She went in the back to talk to her Manager, came out, and said "we are not hiring at the moment". A bit strange that they would even take my resume if they weren't hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The only question they asked was "Do you feel pretty comfortable talking to customers?"   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bose.

For an entry level position with minimal no experience, right out of university. The first interview was a back to back interview on campus, depends if Bose does on campus recruiting at your school. 30 minutes with one recruiter, than 30 minutes with the next. They were very nice, no one asked why should we hire you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bose in October 2014.

Bose hires out to a company called Randstad that recruits for open temp and temp to perm start positions within the customer service and sales office of the company. I do not know if Randstad seeks out potential employees for other positions within Bose. Initially I received a call from a representative from Randstad that had two separate customer service positions. I was able to interview for both positions if I wanted to. The representative gave me ample information about the position I was interviewing for, as well as some key words to look over for an aptitude test that would come later in the interviewing process.

The interview itself was conducted by an office manager, and an assistant manager who worked within the customer service call center. They were very friendly, easy to speak with, and fairly succinct with their interviewing process. The only negative aspect I could think of regarding the interview was an, all too obvious, string of questions that were there to test my patience. They made no attempt at subtly, making it very easy to see through the vale. However, that is only a minor grievance, and a nit-picky one at that.

Interview Questions
    • The aptitude test based on computing and networking technical terms, as well as some minor music engineering/recording definitions.   View Answer

Seasonal Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bose in October 2014.

I was originally contacted by an employee regarding my resume from another website. I agreed to go in for an interview 2 days later. Everyone was super nice and helpful as well. I was offered the position and started 4 days ago. I love it already! It's refreshing to be in an environment where everyone is so passionate about the company and what the do there. They take what they do seriously, but also have fun. I hope to be able to stay on for years to come!

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bose.

Submitted my resume through their website. Few days later I received and email from their HR person and had a call with her. She then scheduled my phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked about my previous experience and asked some technical questions.

The second step in the process was a "code challenge". They email you a small program and ask you to 1) add a missing functionality, and 2) thoroughly document the code (originally there was no comments). They give you about 4 days to work on it. It doesn't take more than few hours to finish it though. After I emailed them my code, it too a week for HR to get back to me and tell me that they want to schedule an on-site interview. A coordinator is supposed to get in touch with me. It took a week for the coordinator to get in touch and scheduled the interview after 1 week. They seem to have a VERY slow process. The on-site interview is supposed to take about 5-6 hours. We shall see how will that go ...

PC Board Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Bose in September 2014.

I was overqualified, but this position offers a way into the company. I met with five people over two and a half hours in "the fishbowl" in the R&D building. I was asked about project experience, how I work in a group, how I handle downtime, about my school experience, what motivated me to apply, why I like engineering. Pretty general and a little excessive for the position.
    They did show me around the building a bit which was very interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Here are a ten and 100 watt lightbulb in series, which one is brighter?   View Answer

I had another offer already and they were too late to keep me from taking it.