Boston Beer

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in February 2012.

Interview Details – Long, tedious interview process (3 months usually)

Interview Question – They give you a packet with a mock sales situation and you have to make a sales call with the VP in your final interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was pleasant. Started off with an automated video interview. After that, it was a phone interview with someone from HR. Following the phone interview was a live video interview with the regional sales manager. All questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for us?" "Tell me about yourself." etc... After the 3 interviews the next step is a day on the job, where they get to see what you would be like in the position that you are being considered for. This was hard to schedule and the day mine was scheduled, I was to be out of town for my current job. When I spoke with my contact at the company about my situation, he never got back to me. The entire process took almost 2 months and there were still a couple steps left to go had I been able to take the time from my other job to actually do them.

Interview Question – What is a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve your goal and what did you do?   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boston Beer in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR
Personality Test/Background Check
1:2 Interview with Region Manager and District Manager, flew me to CA for the interview
Full Day Ride along with District Manager (current boss)
1:1 Interview with Division Manager
1:1 Interview with VP Sales, role-play presentation of a sales call

GREAT culture at Boston Beer Co. Everyone is really competitive and friendly. It's a very autonomous job and sales-driven, but since the pay is salary--not commission--they want you to focus on the other important things like customer relationships and wholesaler interaction, not just the activities that directly make the company money.

Interview Question – Why sales? Why the beer industry?   View Answer

Worked for Boston Beer? Contribute to the Community!