Boston Beer Account Manager Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in February 2012.

Long, tedious interview process (3 months usually)

Interview Questions
  • They give you a packet with a mock sales situation and you have to make a sales call with the VP in your final interview.   Answer Question
non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Beer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in April 2012.

Hiring Process was pleasant. Started off with an automated video interview. After that, it was a phone interview with someone from HR. Following the phone interview was a live video interview with the regional sales manager. All questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for us?" "Tell me about yourself." etc... After the 3 interviews the next step is a day on the job, where they get to see what you would be like in the position that you are being considered for. This was hard to schedule and the day mine was scheduled, I was to be out of town for my current job. When I spoke with my contact at the company about my situation, he never got back to me. The entire process took almost 2 months and there were still a couple steps left to go had I been able to take the time from my other job to actually do them.

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve your goal and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boston Beer in December 2010.

Phone Interview with HR
    Personality Test/Background Check
    1:2 Interview with Region Manager and District Manager, flew me to CA for the interview
    Full Day Ride along with District Manager (current boss)
    1:1 Interview with Division Manager
    1:1 Interview with VP Sales, role-play presentation of a sales call

GREAT culture at Boston Beer Co. Everyone is really competitive and friendly. It's a very autonomous job and sales-driven, but since the pay is salary--not commission--they want you to focus on the other important things like customer relationships and wholesaler interaction, not just the activities that directly make the company money.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston Beer? Contribute to the Community!