Boston Beer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Beer.

After months of working with a recruiter/HR rep, I was invited for an in-person interview. The meeting went well and the position and its responsibilities were very clear. I followed up with the recruiter for several weeks after and was provided the same reply each time, "should know more next week!" I began to make phone calls and leave voice mails; no reply. I don't understand how as a human resources professional you don't have the courtesy to "close the loop." Months have gone by and it's been radio silence. I will never apply to this company again. I heard this was a trend but couldn't believe people could truly be this unprofessional and frankly, rude. An email takes :30 to send. What's the problem here?

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Beer.

I applied online and a recruiter arranged a phone interview. A day or so before, she had me log in to a web portal and do a personality test.

The screening interview began with basic questions. A few minutes in, the recruiter stopped the interview and told me she'd gotten the results of my personality test and I'd failed. She said that they only wanted happy people working at Sam Adans, and that I would not be considered for any further positions with the company.

What in the world?

Brewery Market Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Beer.

Started off applying online, I was contacted by HR about a week or so after. I moved on to a digital interview which is a one way interview where you answer preset questions. After about two weeks of emailing HR about the position and the next steps I had a phone interview. The phone interview went more into detail about the job, job duties and responsibilities. I thought the interview went well, about a week later I followed up and HR told me they were not continuing me into the interview process. Long process, thought I deserved an in person interview.

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Beer in May 2014.

Long interview process. Started with an interview with HireVue, which is basically a skype interview with pre-recorded questions. Very standard questions here. Then they flew me to Boston for an interview with HR. They were pretty standard interview questions like "why sales?", "why Boston Beer?", etc. Next step was a ride along interview with a senior brewery rep. We spent the day going to about ten different accounts, and it was a great learning experience. This step is not supposed to be a job shadow day, and you're supposed to actually help in selling. Ask a lot of questions and don't be afraid to talk to clients! The last step was a case study with the VP of sales. This was the most stressful part of the process, but just know to ask a lot of questions and listen to his feedback. My best advice is to be yourself and if the job is right for you, you'll get it!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want Boston Beer Company over any other brewery?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Brewery Market Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Beer in May 2014.

I first completed an online interview through HireLive. I then had a short phone interview followed by an in person interview with the regional director and the district manager. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult question, only general questions about how you have handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Trade Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Beer.

I was contacted 2 weeks later after submitting my resume. The first phone interview was scheduled for a week later with someone in HR. It took a few days to hear back and then an in person interview was set-up for 2 weeks later with 3 people in the Trade Marketing department. The next time it took a week to hear back and the next round was scheduled for 2 weeks away and again was with 3 different people in the department.

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Beer.

I applied for this position online and did not hear back for several weeks. I then had to complete an online interview where I was asked questions and had to video record my answers. I found this process to be a better idea in theory than in practice. I also had very few details about the job going into the interview and had no easy way to ask questions. Ended up hearing back about not moving forward in the process quickly though.

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Beer.

Only made it through the first 4 steps. I spoke with HR, then a digital video interview, another 45 minute talk with a recruiter, then they flew me to Chicago and put me up in a hotel to meet with a Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the talk, he asked me to tell him something he didn't know about me.   Answer Question

1. Application
    2. one on one interview
    3. Day in the life full day in another market
    4. Divisional manager interview
    5. Dinner and sales presentation to vp sales

Interview Questions
    • objections to sale received during sales presentation/case study   Answer Question
    Try to negotiate as much as possible. Once in BBC salary is increased yearly at review generally 3, 5, or 7%. Promotions to another level are often a specific percentage range increase. Also, every job role has a 15-20% bonus on your base, regardless of sales or skill set. BOTTOM LINE: the higher your starting salary, the more $ you will be paid with a % raise and of course the more $ you will be eligible to receive from your bonus since it is always a set % of your base

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Beer.

Everything you have read is true, process is long and tedious, reimbursement takes weeks to get back to you, and you have to make the sale at the end of the sales pitch for the 5th and final interview if you want the job.