Boston Beer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Beer in March 2013.

Applied online -> Phone Interview -> Video Interview (hire vue) -> Phone Interview -> Flown out for a Face to Face Interview with a Regional. From apply date through it took about 5 months.

Interview Questions
    • They were for the most part situation questions about how you handle situations. Then a few others about why you want the job or why you want to move and what you like about the company.   Answer Question

Brewery Market Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Beer.

Started off applying online, I was contacted by HR about a week or so after. I moved on to a digital interview which is a one way interview where you answer preset questions. After about two weeks of emailing HR about the position and the next steps I had a phone interview. The phone interview went more into detail about the job, job duties and responsibilities. I thought the interview went well, about a week later I followed up and HR told me they were not continuing me into the interview process. Long process, thought I deserved an in person interview.

Brewery Market Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Beer in May 2014.

I first completed an online interview through HireLive. I then had a short phone interview followed by an in person interview with the regional director and the district manager. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult question, only general questions about how you have handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in May 2014.

Long interview process. Started with an interview with HireVue, which is basically a skype interview with pre-recorded questions. Very standard questions here. Then they flew me to Boston for an interview with HR. They were pretty standard interview questions like "why sales?", "why Boston Beer?", etc. Next step was a ride along interview with a senior brewery rep. We spent the day going to about ten different accounts, and it was a great learning experience. This step is not supposed to be a job shadow day, and you're supposed to actually help in selling. Ask a lot of questions and don't be afraid to talk to clients! The last step was a case study with the VP of sales. This was the most stressful part of the process, but just know to ask a lot of questions and listen to his feedback. My best advice is to be yourself and if the job is right for you, you'll get it!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want Boston Beer Company over any other brewery?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Trade Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer.

I was contacted 2 weeks later after submitting my resume. The first phone interview was scheduled for a week later with someone in HR. It took a few days to hear back and then an in person interview was set-up for 2 weeks later with 3 people in the Trade Marketing department. The next time it took a week to hear back and the next round was scheduled for 2 weeks away and again was with 3 different people in the department.

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Beer.

I applied for this position online and did not hear back for several weeks. I then had to complete an online interview where I was asked questions and had to video record my answers. I found this process to be a better idea in theory than in practice. I also had very few details about the job going into the interview and had no easy way to ask questions. Ended up hearing back about not moving forward in the process quickly though.

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Beer.

Only made it through the first 4 steps. I spoke with HR, then a digital video interview, another 45 minute talk with a recruiter, then they flew me to Chicago and put me up in a hotel to meet with a Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the talk, he asked me to tell him something he didn't know about me.   Answer Question

1. Application
    2. one on one interview
    3. Day in the life full day in another market
    4. Divisional manager interview
    5. Dinner and sales presentation to vp sales

Interview Questions
    • objections to sale received during sales presentation/case study   Answer Question
    Try to negotiate as much as possible. Once in BBC salary is increased yearly at review generally 3, 5, or 7%. Promotions to another level are often a specific percentage range increase. Also, every job role has a 15-20% bonus on your base, regardless of sales or skill set. BOTTOM LINE: the higher your starting salary, the more $ you will be paid with a % raise and of course the more $ you will be eligible to receive from your bonus since it is always a set % of your base

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer in February 2012.

Long, tedious interview process (3 months usually)

Interview Questions
    • They give you a packet with a mock sales situation and you have to make a sales call with the VP in your final interview.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Brewery Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Beer.

Everything you have read is true, process is long and tedious, reimbursement takes weeks to get back to you, and you have to make the sale at the end of the sales pitch for the 5th and final interview if you want the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston Beer? Contribute to the Community!