Boston Business Concepts

Unclaimed Profile

Boston Business Concepts Interview Questions

2.6

Corporate Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Business Concepts.

Interview

The whole process is really quick, some people get called that very day that they apply. If they wish to proceed they will call you the night of your first interview for a second-if not then they didn't want to continue with you as a candidate. IF they were impressed with your second then they will again call you that very night to offer the position and arrange a start date. Very simple and quick. If there are a group of interviews for that day (depending on the time of year) then you may have to wait a little longer than expected for your interview. Waiting in the lobby is not all that bad though because they have a flat screen TV in the lobby with ESPN (usually) on it.

Interview Questions

• Most are pretty standard questions- I don't remember most of them because it was awhile ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation for the most part if choosing a base pay+commission or 100% commission.

Full-time Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA).

Interview

I applied through Monster.com over the weekend and was called immediately that following Monday. We set up an interview that week where I met with the CEO. I was told to plan for 20-30 minutes. It ended up lasting an hour or so because the conversation went so well. It was very comfortable and relatively stress-free. However, I left the interview still not really understanding what the job entailed. Door-to-door sales were mentioned and passed over so I did not realize that is what this position was. The CEO said that I would hear that day regardless of their decision. I received a call later that day and we set up a time for the following week to have a second interview.

The second interview was with employees. BBC wants to make sure that you fit in with the company and culture, and often employees act differently with each other than they do with management. The second interview helps to combat that. Two people took me out to lunch at a nearby diner. One took care of the "get to know you" questions and conversation. The other person handled more of the interview questions. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Still the daily activities were not really discussed.

A third interview immediately follows the second interview. I was back with the CEO. It was brief. He asked how it went, if I had any questions, etc. He said that I would be hearing back later that day to let me know if I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not your standard interview. The CEO has you fill out a questionnaire about different topics. He prefers this to the regular questioning since it digs deeper. None of the questions were tough; they just require you to think a little. He does not ask the typical "strengths and weaknesses", "tell me a time when you had to overcome", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Pay is told to you up front.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA).

Interview

I came in for an interview and I was able to really see how the company works because they made me wait over a half hour to interview. It really seemed like it was a bunch of recent college grads hanging out. In the interview the interviewer told me that they do a lot of charity including a company beer pong tournament. While it sounds fun it is in no way philanthropic and is very unprofessional. I was also told that I would hear by a phone call either way if they wanted me for a second interview and they never called. While it may be a fun company to work for it doesnt look like you get much experience and again the whole operation seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None...there were no difficult questions asked, he just asked about my resume.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

This would be a great job for someone who wants to try door to door sales because they cannot get any other type of position in sales. The base salary is $300 a week and they will reimburse you half of your fuel costs if you hit their quota, also there is no mileage reimbursement either. The website does not give accurate information regarding projected base salary if they decide to promote you to management. This is not an office hours job the days go from 1230-830 Mon-Fri and Mid afternoon on Sat. Yes 6 days for $300 for knocking on doors trying to get customers to upgrade internet. If you are a seasoned sales professional or sales manager stay away! It will be a complete waste of your time and and fuel to drive there. The first interview they will make the position sound like a dream job until the second interview.

See Above.

Sales & Marketing Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Don't waste your time. They dress up the job up quite a bit, but you're really just doing door-to-door sales representing Verizon and pitching their FiOS package to people. They seem very friendly at first, but at the same time, are very defensive if you start asking questions, particular in regards to the details of the job and the company. For example, I was told (during my 2nd interview) that I didn't need to know the details of their corporate structure past the branch manager. And I couldn't get any information about the day-to-day aspects of the job until the 2nd interview.

They only had 2 rates of pay for the trainees. 100% commission or $200/wk with a smaller cut of commission. According to the numbers they provided, you'd make between 400-1000 each week.

Interview Questions

After the secretative and defensive nature that I received from them, i was hesitant to believe their projected income numbers were accurate. That and, if I took the job I'd have a 45 minute commute, I decided against taking the job. If I lived closer, I don't even know if I would of accepted.

Paid Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume through Monster and got a call back within 24 hours for an initial interview. Even from a quick conversation with BBC's HR Coordinator on the phone, I knew that I wanted to work here. For the first time during one of these schedulings, she actually asked me how I was and how I was feeling going into my senior year. That's never happened to me before. It was warm.
    Once I got into the office to interview two days later, the receptionist was similarly friendly. There were a few people waiting to be interviewed, but everyone started chatting and it became really low-stress really quickly. Employees drifted in and out of the lobby to say hello, cracking jokes about how "scary" the interview process would be.
    In actuality, it was very laid back - much more of getting to know one another than an interrogation, and no typical questions like "What's your greatest weakness?" etc. I didn't feel intimidated.
    After the first round, I was invited back the same day for a group interview. We were tested with some brain teasers and group activities - challenging, but really fun.
    You absolutely get a taste of the company atmosphere just by coming in for a single interview. Come in for more than one if you can - you'll be able to tell if this is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Some of the brainteasers were tricky. Drink some coffee before you come, for sure!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I'm an intern, I was just happy that the position was paid - with opportunities built in for a raise, too! Hours have been fairly flexible; I come in about 25-30 hours per week. Works fine for me!

Sales and Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

After completing a first round interview with one of BBC's managers I was moved onto the second round interview were I was taken out to lunch by one of the company's "leader" sales representatives. I was given a very clear explanation of what the job would entail and what opportunities were available with the company. After being treated to lunch I was sent to speak with another manager from the office and then called within the weak with an offer to intern with BBC for the summer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel that any of the questions were especially difficult. It was a pretty straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very clear that my pay would either be entirely based on commission or I could chose to have a base pay plus a lower percentage commission. There was very little room for negotiation but the wage seemed fair nonetheless.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

detailed, three rounds, informative and rigorous

Negotiation

tell them honestly what you are looking for and they will be straightforward with you

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Business Concepts (Woburn, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I had originally applied for the management trainee position in 2010 and I met with 2 different managers during the interview process. The HR team was very friendly as I got lost on my way to the office. The questions were standard and many of them were geared towards my personality and values.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions like "What type of work environment am I looking for?" and "What type of relationships I am looking for with my co-workers"   Answer Question