Boston Capital

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was asked about salary requirements. Went in for an interview, met with total of 4 people 2-1-1. In 5 days got a call back for a second interview to meet the CFO. The next day received an offer.

Interview Question – Unexpected: Your hobby (I don't really have one)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried negotiating - didn't help.

Training Rotational Program Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Capital in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. First there was an initial phone interview. Then candidates were required to complete an analytical test of a real estate problem with some basic excel skills involved. Then a group interview with a couple of associates and a vice president. However after the interview there was a surprise accounting skills test that they didn't mention before. Since I am a finance major that hasn't taken an accounting course for the last 2 years I didn't do so well. I believe that this was the reason I didn't get the position. Even though 3 out of the 4 rotations were not involved with any accounting. I felt that they didn't adequately evaluate me.

Interview Question – Name one time where you felt that you had to use leadership to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview Details – communication with HR., members of your team, senior management and director of AM

Interview Question – technical test following interview - includes analysis and written   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Capital in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had two one on one interviews and then a group interview with some of the asset managers. It was a standard interview ( tell me about yourself, why our company, etc.) All the people I met with were cordial, but I think I didn't have enough direct experience, thus I wasnt invited back for another round.

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of lihtc program and explain your idea of why it's a strong market   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Boston Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Capital interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Capital employees and interview candidates.