Boston College Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with six separate people -- one in charge of hiring, those in charge of the departments I'd be working with, one of the university librarians, and an HR representative. Very detailed, emphasized the community aspect of BC. Was there for two hours and had a tour of the library at the end. They wanted to finish interviews before offering me the position, but were quick to let me know that I was one of only a few to get called in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• (since I had previous experience) What is your favorite part of working at (your current library)?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I completed a phone interview for an entry level role in the Development Office. The hiring manager took the entire call to ask me why I didn't participate in my senior class fundraising effort (there wasn't one), as BC has had success in this effort. The interviewer even went so far as to tell me that I was wrong and that I must not have been engaged with my University and I was not qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Did you participate in your Senior Class Giving Campaign at your University?   Answer Question

Firewall Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston College (Brighton, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

After pre-screening by an agency, interviewed with the manager and potential co-workers. Everyone was very pleasant, The most difficult part of the interview was that the job description was not written very clearly, so I was not sure who would be making the firewall changes. During the process of the interview, it became clear that this was primarily a documentation project, and that the skills required were those of a technical analyst, project manager, and documentation specialist.

Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and also had a friend recommend me for the job who already worked there. There was 1 Interview, the manager was very nice and comforting. Simple tech based questions were asked, no curveballs.

Interview Questions

• None, just a typical behavioral interview. Be sure to know about what experience you have with tech.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview and then a full-day in-person interview. Even after an in-person interview and promised follow-up, never even got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior jobs and difficulties faced during the execution of my duties   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I wrote a letter stating that I wanted to work and that I would seek external funding. I was looking for a project that I could truly own and take with me when I left. I lucked out and after one year I received a grant that paid my salary for three years I had previous experience in the field and a good reputation performing top notch research-so asking me to come out was not at all risky

Interview Questions

• How fast can you get here?   1 Answer

Cashier, Server, Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

This was very easy--I just needed to speak with the management as early as possible in order to have a casual interview and secure a spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Part Time Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

phone first, and meet the boss. It is just a school work and it's easy. The key is that you are a honest, loyal person. oh, yes, you need to work hard. Most important, if you promise you will work there for one semester, you must not obey your words.

Alumni Relations/Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

I interviewed for multiple available positions in the Advancement Division of Boston College of over a several month period. I had positive phone interviews, in-person interviews and each time I was the "control" for internal hirings/promotions. The interview process itself featured fairly standard questions. My father and several members of my family are BC alumni/ae so they were quite angry and disappointed in their alma mater for doing this to someone with direct connections to the university. I am now hesitant to ever apply to BC again, although I very much would like to work there. Overall it felt like a disrespectful waste of my time, although it is nice to know that if you are hired from the outside, they do promote from within.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging aspect of this position for you?   Answer Question