Boston College

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Firewall Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

After pre-screening by an agency, interviewed with the manager and potential co-workers. Everyone was very pleasant, The most difficult part of the interview was that the job description was not written very clearly, so I was not sure who would be making the firewall changes. During the process of the interview, it became clear that this was primarily a documentation project, and that the skills required were those of a technical analyst, project manager, and documentation specialist.

Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

I applied online and also had a friend recommend me for the job who already worked there. There was 1 Interview, the manager was very nice and comforting. Simple tech based questions were asked, no curveballs.

Interview Questions
    • None, just a typical behavioral interview. Be sure to know about what experience you have with tech.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College in November 2012.

Had phone interview and then a full-day in-person interview. Even after an in-person interview and promised follow-up, never even got a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about prior jobs and difficulties faced during the execution of my duties   Answer Question

Cashier, Server, Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston College in September 2010.

This was very easy--I just needed to speak with the management as early as possible in order to have a casual interview and secure a spot.

Non-negotiable

Part Time Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston College in September 2010.

phone first, and meet the boss. It is just a school work and it's easy. The key is that you are a honest, loyal person. oh, yes, you need to work hard. Most important, if you promise you will work there for one semester, you must not obey your words.

Alumni Relations/Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College in May 2008.

I interviewed for multiple available positions in the Advancement Division of Boston College of over a several month period. I had positive phone interviews, in-person interviews and each time I was the "control" for internal hirings/promotions. The interview process itself featured fairly standard questions. My father and several members of my family are BC alumni/ae so they were quite angry and disappointed in their alma mater for doing this to someone with direct connections to the university. I am now hesitant to ever apply to BC again, although I very much would like to work there. Overall it felt like a disrespectful waste of my time, although it is nice to know that if you are hired from the outside, they do promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging aspect of this position for you?   Answer Question