Boston College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Tech Interview

Student Tech
Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and also had a friend recommend me for the job who already worked there. There was 1 Interview, the manager was very nice and comforting. Simple tech based questions were asked, no curveballs.

Interview Question – None, just a typical behavioral interview. Be sure to know about what experience you have with tech.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Fiscal/Procurement Specialist Interview

Fiscal/Procurement Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston College.

Interview Details – You apply for the job online and submit your cover letter and resume online as well through the application system. You then wait to hear from the employer if you have been selected for a phone interview. They arrange a phone interview, which is typically under 30 minutes to get to know you. If selected, you move onto a formal in-person interview that often includes HR. After this step, you are either offered the job by HR or not .

Interview Question – Why this Job?   Answer Question

Associate/IT Consultant Interview

Associate/IT Consultant

Interviewed at Boston College

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone, followed up with an in person interview. Talked with 4-5 different managers. Traditional questions regarding how I handle certain support situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer. What did you do to alleviate the process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Essentially no negotiation room.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston College.

Interview Details – The most difficult part of the process for Boston College is the very prolonged hiring process that most offices use. The job typically is posted for 30 days and without a referral or being an internal candidate, it is extremly difficult to get hired.

Interview Question – BC is a Jesuit institution and many times candidates are not prepared if they are asked about the Jesuit values or something like "what does it meant to be part of a Jesuit institution?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – BC claims that when they make you an offer it is their best offer. In some cases that has been true, but in other cases people have negotiated well beyond the posted range . So depending on your level of experience you should always try to negotiate for the best salary you can get but don't expect them to budge.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interview Details – No interview

Interview Question – What's your research interest?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston College.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an initial phone interview screening, and then was brought in to meet with 7 different members of the department.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Firewall Contractor Interview

Firewall Contractor
Brighton, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

Interview Details – After pre-screening by an agency, interviewed with the manager and potential co-workers. Everyone was very pleasant, The most difficult part of the interview was that the job description was not written very clearly, so I was not sure who would be making the firewall changes. During the process of the interview, it became clear that this was primarily a documentation project, and that the skills required were those of a technical analyst, project manager, and documentation specialist.

Interview Question – I was asked about scheduling software changes.   Answer Question

EagleTech Interview

EagleTech

Interviewed at Boston College

Interview Details – Interview was not too formal. I felt very comfortable speaking to the managers. They are all very nice and understanding. It's important to show a good work ethic with valuable customer service experience and some competency with technology and computers.

Interview Question – Give a time when you had to help someone troubleshoot his/her computer. What was the issue and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston College in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview and then a full-day in-person interview. Even after an in-person interview and promised follow-up, never even got a rejection letter.

Interview Question – Asked about prior jobs and difficulties faced during the execution of my duties   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Job Interview

Part Time Job
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston College in September 2010.

Interview Details – phone first, and meet the boss. It is just a school work and it's easy. The key is that you are a honest, loyal person. oh, yes, you need to work hard. Most important, if you promise you will work there for one semester, you must not obey your words.

Worked for Boston College? Contribute to the Community!