Boston College

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

SAS Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College.

not that much hard.mostly technical questions related to statistics. very comfortable manner.some behavior questions followed by salary negotiatoin.overall it is good.but boston is highly expensive.accepted offer even the pay is low due to some personal reasons

Loan Collector Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston College.

I received a scheduling call and conducted an initial interview with the hiring manager and their department head. They asked specific questions about my resume and the position and were professional throughout. I was then invited back for a followup interview with Human Resources and the Division head, who were likewise professional and on key. A week later, I received a kind rejection letter signed by those who had interviewed me.

I was very impressed by Boston College and feel that I was treated fairly throughout the interview process; however, my rejection came almost 10 weeks after I sent my application. During that time, I turned down a job offer with another employer. I wish that BC would come to a decision in a shorter window of time.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions were specific to myself and the position. I don't think BC uses boilerplate interview questions.   Answer Question

Fiscal/Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston College.

You apply for the job online and submit your cover letter and resume online as well through the application system. You then wait to hear from the employer if you have been selected for a phone interview. They arrange a phone interview, which is typically under 30 minutes to get to know you. If selected, you move onto a formal in-person interview that often includes HR. After this step, you are either offered the job by HR or not .

Associate/IT Consultant Interview

Interviewed over the phone, followed up with an in person interview. Talked with 4-5 different managers. Traditional questions regarding how I handle certain support situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a angry customer. What did you do to alleviate the process?   Answer Question
    Essentially no negotiation room.

Associate Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston College.

The most difficult part of the process for Boston College is the very prolonged hiring process that most offices use. The job typically is posted for 30 days and without a referral or being an internal candidate, it is extremly difficult to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • BC is a Jesuit institution and many times candidates are not prepared if they are asked about the Jesuit values or something like "what does it meant to be part of a Jesuit institution?"   View Answer
    BC claims that when they make you an offer it is their best offer. In some cases that has been true, but in other cases people have negotiated well beyond the posted range . So depending on your level of experience you should always try to negotiate for the best salary you can get but don't expect them to budge.

Research Assistant Interview

No interview

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston College.

I was contacted for an initial phone interview screening, and then was brought in to meet with 7 different members of the department.

No negotiation phase.

Firewall Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

After pre-screening by an agency, interviewed with the manager and potential co-workers. Everyone was very pleasant, The most difficult part of the interview was that the job description was not written very clearly, so I was not sure who would be making the firewall changes. During the process of the interview, it became clear that this was primarily a documentation project, and that the skills required were those of a technical analyst, project manager, and documentation specialist.

Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston College in March 2013.

I applied online and also had a friend recommend me for the job who already worked there. There was 1 Interview, the manager was very nice and comforting. Simple tech based questions were asked, no curveballs.

Interview Questions
    • None, just a typical behavioral interview. Be sure to know about what experience you have with tech.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

EagleTech Interview

Interview was not too formal. I felt very comfortable speaking to the managers. They are all very nice and understanding. It's important to show a good work ethic with valuable customer service experience and some competency with technology and computers.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you had to help someone troubleshoot his/her computer. What was the issue and how did you fix it?   Answer Question