Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got first phone interview from a recruiter. After the phone interview, they choose if they want to bring you back in. I spoke with a young HR girl. All questions were very situational and hard. You had to think of specific times from work and provide examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your intuition to make a decsision   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview first of three interviews. I was contacted a week later informing me that they had chosen other candidates.The recruiter was monotone and asked over 8 questions, the interview lasted 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your past positions Describe how you are organized What is your weakness and what have you done to improve?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Started with a great phone interview/screen. Was then asked back for a 1 on 1 interview. Was not impressed with the manager I met with. Perhaps it was the day or time, but you could tell they were interested in getting along with their day and leaving the office more than finding out anything about me. Might have just been a difference in attitude but was expecting decorum from such a high ranking company.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your job. (Was later critiqued for sounding negative about my current position.)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Heard back in 2 weeks and phone interview was brief. Explanation of position, run-through of resume and questions all took less than 20 minutes. Heard back a week later and didn't get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Called to discuss resume over the phone. Didn't hear back for a week, when they left another message saying they wanted to follow up with the position and our discussion from the previous week. I made several attempts to reach out and talk with the HR woman, finally a week later, I received a voice message stating they had gone in a different direction and thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

• Just asked briefly about my resume. They highlighted the position more than they inquired about my experience, background, skills, etc. Very short phone discussion.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Everyone is very friendly but the interviews are very thorough. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about yourself. The questions are more abstract and not direct about what you do specifically at your current job.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend had to use three adjectives to describe you, which would they be?   Answer Question