Boston Consulting Group

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Called to discuss resume over the phone. Didn't hear back for a week, when they left another message saying they wanted to follow up with the position and our discussion from the previous week. I made several attempts to reach out and talk with the HR woman, finally a week later, I received a voice message stating they had gone in a different direction and thanked me for my time.

Interview Question – Just asked briefly about my resume. They highlighted the position more than they inquired about my experience, background, skills, etc. Very short phone discussion.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied through employee referral. Heard back in 2 weeks and phone interview was brief. Explanation of position, run-through of resume and questions all took less than 20 minutes. Heard back a week later and didn't get the position.

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Started with a great phone interview/screen. Was then asked back for a 1 on 1 interview. Was not impressed with the manager I met with. Perhaps it was the day or time, but you could tell they were interested in getting along with their day and leaving the office more than finding out anything about me. Might have just been a difference in attitude but was expecting decorum from such a high ranking company.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about your job. (Was later critiqued for sounding negative about my current position.)   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Everyone is very friendly but the interviews are very thorough. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about yourself. The questions are more abstract and not direct about what you do specifically at your current job.

Interview Question – If your best friend had to use three adjectives to describe you, which would they be?   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!