Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2015

3.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was at the office for two case preparation meetings. Then, I took the online case and it was really difficult. I am still waiting, after 30 days, to get a response from them.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about exponential operations difficult to perform without a calculator.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I got an interview through a referral. All communications were very cordial, and my impression of the office culture was that it was surprisingly calm and upbeat. The interview process consists of two short interviews with different consultants. In each of the two, you briefly go through your resume and talk about your background, then delve into a case question. Although I was very nervous and faltered during the first interview, my interviewer was kind and offered help when I needed it. My second interview went much better — I would almost say it was fun, and my interviewer was very friendly. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• My first question was essentially a pure math question, and it really threw me off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

BCG's HR people were pleasant and easy to schedule with. Their interview process was standard: 2 back to back on campus interviews, with a second round at office of preference. Partners/ higher level consultants at interview were cordial, but uninviting and seemingly uninterested in their potential hires.

Interview Questions

• I have a secondary Spanish degree on my diploma, so on my resume, i included that i was fluent in spanish. A native speaking partner at the second round interview told me - in spanish - that we would be conducting the entire interview in spanish.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2008.

Interview

good and clear straight to the point

Interview Questions

• how to improve south east asia regional airline industry   Answer Question
    • how many people should the new call center would hire in order to servicee sufficiently   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2011.

Interview

The first round consisted of two one-on-one case interviews with associates and a computer-based test. The second (and final round) consisted of a one-on-one interview with a principal, a written case and an interview with a partner.
    The written case is something specific to the Moscow office. I was given a folder with quite a lot of information and in 2 hours had to produce a presentation with slides including a recommendation on future action. The case they used is called "EuroCement" and they use it year after year, so its worth trying to find it.

Interview Questions

• Computer the IRR for a project in my head without doing paper calculations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

two rounds of 1 on 1 case analysis; about 45 min each; talking to the associates or partners. Cases are pretty typical, you could find them in all online case books. Cases often involve calculations as well as tables or graphs. Very interesting experience for non business students. surely need practise.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Haven, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview located at the on-campus recruiting center consisted of two 45 minute case studies. One was harder and the other easier. The interviewers were perfectly friendly for the most part, but not particularly encouraging or enthusiastic. They told me I would hear back after one week; nine days later I got the message that I was declined.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview was at career center on campus. It was pretty calm, two simple case interviews to figure out how you think and to try to get you to solve basic problems. There's a bit of math prodding in the middle of the interview, but besides that they're pretty straight forward if you've done a few cases from any sort of prep book.

Second Interview was onsite in Texas. Three partners, each with an hour long meeting and this time, they're much more interested in how you think in terms of strategy than they are in your simple ability to solve math problems.

Interview Questions

• Case was about a company that had a line of restaurants, and they were looking to open another chain in Texas in an area that was already saturated with very similar restaurants. Why should they do it, why shouldn't they -- what's to be considered?   Answer Question

I wanted to work for a startup and I went through the consulting interview process as a backup.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

basic behavorial question and a case given a pie chart and told which company is more likely to be at a loss. Case study was only for 30 mins and is pretty easy. People were very warm and cheerful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Nice interviewers - they were very professional and helpful throughout the process, and even took the time to give me feedback over the phone after I did not receive an offer. It seemed very casual, deceptively so. One was particularly laid back during the case portion of the interview - he told me I wouldn't need to take notes (I did, however).

Interview Questions

• A software company is interested in setting up a cloud storage system - should it enter the market and how?   Answer Question