Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

3.7

Analyst Interview

Interview

Three stages. Initial problem solving and excel based testing. Second interview is case studies and general interview with managers. Final interview is with hiring partner.

Interview Questions

• The problem solvers here are very hard and the case studies are not easy either. The interviewer will pressure but guide when needed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Analyst Interview

Interview

Really important to network beforehand. Very hard to secure an interview without getting to know the people in the office you want to work in. The interview is devided into 2 parts: fit, and case. The fit part should be about 10-15 minutes. You will need to walk the consultant through your resume, and answer question about your background. The case is a straight up consulting case.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

basic behavorial question and a case given a pie chart and told which company is more likely to be at a loss. Case study was only for 30 mins and is pretty easy. People were very warm and cheerful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview was at career center on campus. It was pretty calm, two simple case interviews to figure out how you think and to try to get you to solve basic problems. There's a bit of math prodding in the middle of the interview, but besides that they're pretty straight forward if you've done a few cases from any sort of prep book. Second Interview was onsite in Texas. Three partners, each with an hour long meeting and this time, they're much more interested in how you think in terms of strategy than they are in your simple ability to solve math problems.

Interview Questions

• Case was about a company that had a line of restaurants, and they were looking to open another chain in Texas in an area that was already saturated with very similar restaurants. Why should they do it, why shouldn't they -- what's to be considered?   Answer Question

I wanted to work for a startup and I went through the consulting interview process as a backup.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Nice interviewers - they were very professional and helpful throughout the process, and even took the time to give me feedback over the phone after I did not receive an offer. It seemed very casual, deceptively so. One was particularly laid back during the case portion of the interview - he told me I wouldn't need to take notes (I did, however).

Interview Questions

• A software company is interested in setting up a cloud storage system - should it enter the market and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bethesda, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed on campus in the first rounds and wasn't called back. Interviews were all business case oriented. Interviewer were friendly and took me through a wireless phone pricing case. The case didn't seem that difficult--- I screwed up some of the math and I pretty much knew my goose was cooked.

Interview Questions

• Case was wireless phone pricing. How much should you charge for a family plan?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was based on 2 cases and personal experience. The cases were good, they were looking for structured thinking and clarity of thoughts. Suggestions, take a minute before starting the analysis. Answer in bullet points and concisely. Keep talking to the interviewer to give him a chance to help you. For the personal experience part, keep some story ready related to team work and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an event in your life where you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2008.

Interview

good and clear straight to the point

Interview Questions

• how to improve south east asia regional airline industry   Answer Question
    • how many people should the new call center would hire in order to servicee sufficiently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

BCG's HR people were pleasant and easy to schedule with. Their interview process was standard: 2 back to back on campus interviews, with a second round at office of preference. Partners/ higher level consultants at interview were cordial, but uninviting and seemingly uninterested in their potential hires.

Interview Questions

• I have a secondary Spanish degree on my diploma, so on my resume, i included that i was fluent in spanish. A native speaking partner at the second round interview told me - in spanish - that we would be conducting the entire interview in spanish.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)) in February 2011.

Interview

The first round consisted of two one-on-one case interviews with associates and a computer-based test. The second (and final round) consisted of a one-on-one interview with a principal, a written case and an interview with a partner. The written case is something specific to the Moscow office. I was given a folder with quite a lot of information and in 2 hours had to produce a presentation with slides including a recommendation on future action. The case they used is called "EuroCement" and they use it year after year, so its worth trying to find it.

Interview Questions

• Computer the IRR for a project in my head without doing paper calculations.   Answer Question