Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Three stages. Initial problem solving and excel based testing. Second interview is case studies and general interview with managers. Final interview is with hiring partner.

Interview Questions
  • The problem solvers here are very hard and the case studies are not easy either. The interviewer will pressure but guide when needed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2012.

First interview was at career center on campus. It was pretty calm, two simple case interviews to figure out how you think and to try to get you to solve basic problems. There's a bit of math prodding in the middle of the interview, but besides that they're pretty straight forward if you've done a few cases from any sort of prep book.

Second Interview was onsite in Texas. Three partners, each with an hour long meeting and this time, they're much more interested in how you think in terms of strategy than they are in your simple ability to solve math problems.

Interview Questions
    • Case was about a company that had a line of restaurants, and they were looking to open another chain in Texas in an area that was already saturated with very similar restaurants. Why should they do it, why shouldn't they -- what's to be considered?   Answer Question

I wanted to work for a startup and I went through the consulting interview process as a backup.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

I interviewed on campus in the first rounds and wasn't called back. Interviews were all business case oriented. Interviewer were friendly and took me through a wireless phone pricing case. The case didn't seem that difficult--- I screwed up some of the math and I pretty much knew my goose was cooked.

Interview Questions
    • Case was wireless phone pricing. How much should you charge for a family plan?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2010.

The interview was based on 2 cases and personal experience. The cases were good, they were looking for structured thinking and clarity of thoughts. Suggestions, take a minute before starting the analysis. Answer in bullet points and concisely. Keep talking to the interviewer to give him a chance to help you. For the personal experience part, keep some story ready related to team work and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us an event in your life where you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2010.

Nice interviewers - they were very professional and helpful throughout the process, and even took the time to give me feedback over the phone after I did not receive an offer. It seemed very casual, deceptively so. One was particularly laid back during the case portion of the interview - he told me I wouldn't need to take notes (I did, however).

Interview Questions
    • A software company is interested in setting up a cloud storage system - should it enter the market and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2012.

basic behavorial question and a case given a pie chart and told which company is more likely to be at a loss. Case study was only for 30 mins and is pretty easy. People were very warm and cheerful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2012.

First round interview located at the on-campus recruiting center consisted of two 45 minute case studies. One was harder and the other easier. The interviewers were perfectly friendly for the most part, but not particularly encouraging or enthusiastic. They told me I would hear back after one week; nine days later I got the message that I was declined.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2011.

The first round consisted of two one-on-one case interviews with associates and a computer-based test. The second (and final round) consisted of a one-on-one interview with a principal, a written case and an interview with a partner.
    The written case is something specific to the Moscow office. I was given a folder with quite a lot of information and in 2 hours had to produce a presentation with slides including a recommendation on future action. The case they used is called "EuroCement" and they use it year after year, so its worth trying to find it.

Interview Questions
    • Computer the IRR for a project in my head without doing paper calculations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

two rounds of 1 on 1 case analysis; about 45 min each; talking to the associates or partners. Cases are pretty typical, you could find them in all online case books. Cases often involve calculations as well as tables or graphs. Very interesting experience for non business students. surely need practise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

BCG's HR people were pleasant and easy to schedule with. Their interview process was standard: 2 back to back on campus interviews, with a second round at office of preference. Partners/ higher level consultants at interview were cordial, but uninviting and seemingly uninterested in their potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • I have a secondary Spanish degree on my diploma, so on my resume, i included that i was fluent in spanish. A native speaking partner at the second round interview told me - in spanish - that we would be conducting the entire interview in spanish.   View Answer