Boston Consulting Group

Updated Dec 8, 2014

4.0

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Recruited on-campus, had first and second round interviews, both at the BCG office. First round was done by consultants, second was by partner/principal. The partner/principal interview was much less structured than the first round (much less like the case interviews I prepared for), but that was fine. I got the feeling that the partner was really watching me closely as I answered to see if I was being authentic and to see how my performance during the interview would extrapolate to on-the-job performance.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you not plan to return to the consulting firm you interned with last summer (where I had a return offer)?   View Answer
Basically no negotiation for salary, since salaries are standardized across the company (you might be able to negotiate your base salary up, but at the end of the year there's a target salary they aim for, so your bonus will be adjusted to take this into account).

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Began with an online application followed by a phone interview with a series of behavioral questions. After that there were two rounds of case interviews. The case interviews were each 45 minutes and started with casual conversation and standard behavioral questions and then there was the case. The cases were never too bad, but make sure you understand how to structure your solution and really talk out what you're thinking and doing so the interviewer can follow you.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to change your stance on an issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round interview: 2 back to back interviews with associates doing business cases. Spent a little time in the conference room mingling and eating the provided burritos.

Wait 7-8 days...call from the recruiter asking me to come back in. He gave me feedback on what to do better and what I did well. Second round interview scheduled for two weeks later.

Second (final) round interview: 3 back to back 45 min interviews with 2 case team leaders and 1 principal. Slightly more time spent on fit, but the case is the focus.

Most important advice given to me: you have to nail ALL THREE cases to get the offer: I only nailed two, ce la vie...

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing surprising if you're trying to get into consulting. Very little time spent on fit questions, just your average case studies. Lots of graphs...   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

The whole process took about a month. Applied online to a SEA office, was contacted about a week after my application. Interviews were done in a top notch hotel, very organized, very nice people.

No negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went to all the campus events and the people were extremely nice. Once I had been picked for first round interviews they introduced me to some current employees who would practice cases with me over the phone. The interview was two 45 min cases. The people were very nice but it seems BCG is looking for you to drive the case on your own more than some of the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • case on 1 company buys another and wants to know what to do with the two distribution channels.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

I was at a target school, applied on the website, interviewed about a week after applying. They were pretty difficult case interviews. You need to be quite experienced with case interviews before going to a interview with them. Suggested amount of practices was about 20 - 30 cases. They expect you to lead the case a lot. So be structured and be creative!

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interviewed on university campus for first round interview. Interviewed by 2 different people, each was 45 minutes long. The interviews had a few behavioral questions followed by a case and then time for questions and answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when it was difficult to be a leader   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Very efficient process. Applied on campus, was contact after 6 days for an on-campus interview. The interview includes 2 back-to-back interview. The case itself was not hard, the hard part was for you to take charge and explain areas you want to explore. In other words, the analysis was not difficult, but to ask the right questions to extract the right data was the challenging part.
    The interviewers were extremely nice. Having been through the dreaded stress test interviews for other firms, I found BCG's interviews to be very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a bar chart and had to struggle a bit to figure out what new meaning the graph shed on our current business situation   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed on campus, standard initial round of two case interviews. Lots of feedback provided. Then an additional case prep and second round which consistent of three case interviews. People were very friendly. May be due to the fact that people were recruiting on campus. I interviewed from DC for New York.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

Technical questions geared as though the interviewee is in a class romm regurgitating theroy