Boston Consulting Group

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.9

119 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

CV and cover letter screening
First round interview: case with a partner/principal + written numerical test
Second round interview: 2 cases with partner/principal
Final round interview: 2 cases with partners (not necessarily cases per se, partners at this point do whatever they want during the interview to get to know you and see how you think)

Interview Questions
  • Quite a lot of data analysis (the interviewers will give you numbers, charts, etc and you will have to digest the info fast).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Submitted CV and cover letter online, was invited to interviews in London. First round interview = profit and loss case and a maths paper. Then invited to second round - two interviews, one was on analysing a financial services data provider, one was about the energy sector. Didn't get through that round but did make some maths mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • What are the skills a consultant needs and how have you demonstrated them?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Two rounds. 2 interviews in round 1 and 3 in round 2. All case based. Very standard cases across the board. If you prep for normal cases these should not catch you too off guard. This was my second time interviewing there and the cases were fairly consistent between the two occasions. Everyone is very friendly/ supportive compared to some other comparable firms.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about financial services which were far from my background.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Typical consulting interview process. Applied through college and was invited for an on-campus interview. The first round consisted of two interviews (case and behavioral), and the final round, two as well. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, even if you initially went down a wrong path for the case. The cases themselves were of above average difficulty but were still manageable, given that you manage your time correctly.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

phone interview with them and i thought i did well , but i turned out to be wrong. I DID NOT get the offer.applied again later, i got rejected immediately.

Associate Interview

Very quick turn around between interviews, but overall a great experience. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. I can tell that everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. Unfortaunely, I froze up during one of my final round interviews and it probably costed me the offer, but regardless , it was a great experience, and I would recommdend everyone go through with it.

First round:
    2 40 minute case interviews (few fit questions here and there)

Final round:
    3 40 minute case interviews

Interview Questions
    • During my first round, I was given about 10-12 graphs, and I had to synthesize information from all of these resources, and pull insight to various questions that my interviewer was asking.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied online, there is no deadline for this position.The interesting part is they offer me a chat opportunity with associate and analyst who works in BCG New York, not the HR to have the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions. Introduce yourself, why consulting, why BCG   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Applied on line, got a first round interview within 3 weeks. Interview is basically 45 minutes of case solving and some fit questions. A week later had a final round interview was notified after 5 days that I had no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Fit questions were most about experiences while working in a team.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

They went to my university to recruit. They gave us an exam with 20 questions in 20 minutes and we handed in our CV.
    Then they set up two case interviews and another exam.
    Then another two interviews with the partners.
    They made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They are questions that test your thinking process, how you approach a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied through my university and was brought in for first-round interviews at the local (Boston in my case) office. Interviews were 45 minutes long, back-to-back: 10 minutes for fit questions, 30 minutes for case interview, 5 minutes for Q&A. Was flown to the Chicago office (my eventual home office) for second-round interviews, which were structured a little differently: 1 verbal case, like in the first round, and one hour and a half written case + presentation. Met many different BCGers along the way and was impressed with how frank and honest they are through the entire process!

Interview Questions
    • Should our client, a worldwide coffee company, focus on growing the existing US market or expanding into China?   Answer Question