Boston Consulting Group

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.9

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

First interviewed on campus. Two one on one interviews with Consultants and Case Team Leaders. Started with a couple fit questions and then a case. These cases were pretty quant heavy. There were many exhibitions that required the candidate to to analyze graphs and PnL statements.

Was called back for decision round interviews that evening, which took place the next day in the Boston Office. Those interviews consisted of 3 one on one interviews with mostly parters. Two were case interviews and one was fit.

Interview Questions
  • How do you choose members of your team? What attributes do you look for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

1st round - Two 45-min interviews (10 min behavioral, 30 min case, 5 min Q&A)
    Final Round - Three 45-min interviews (same format)

Practice practice practice cases - BCG cases are probably the toughest out of MBB. At the end of the day, a strong behavioral will help but it won't carry you to an offer. Interviews don't have to be perfect, but you have to be solid/strong on all 5 cases in order to get it.

Think out loud, structure everything, hypothesize then verify/negate with data, synthesize well, provide risks/next steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

2 back-to-back 45-minute interviews with project leaders on campus. One focused on whether or not an asset mgmt firm should expand into China, one focused on joint-product development. Fair mix of quantitative/qualitative. One interviewer was very confusing in explaining problem correctly and did not give me necessary data, so I did not do as well as I could have and as not invited back for second round.

Interview Questions
    • Should asset mgmt company expand into China if their stock market indices are growing by 80% a year while the american indices are growing at only 5%   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Three interviews over the course of three hours (all one on one). Typical business scenario analysis, coupled with the typical interview questions (why us, why consulting, etc.). To those with a finance background, or those who have memorized Case in Point, these interviews will not be difficult. For a Biology major such as myself, they were!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

3 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Presented Interviewees with graphs that we needed to analyze in a split second.   Answer Question
    They were amazingly flexible and open--I was incredibly impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

I was invited for the first round interview for the Southeast Asian offices and BCG basically paid for the trip and accommodation. to Philadelphia. The interviews were rather hectic since BCG was trying to finish their first round interviews for the international offices in a week. My interviewers were extremely tired from the daily interviews and jet lag. One of them was even dozing off during the interview!

Interview Questions
    • The cases were rather standard. just be confident in what you have to say!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interviewers were very nice. However I'm still waiting for response. I heard people usually get called the same evening or next day, but it's been 4 days and I haven't heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2011.

Two sets of case studies & five-minute personal interview. Time for questions at the end. Cases were straightforward, all required integration of algebraic calculations at some step. Both involved segmentation of markets.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance where you put forth material that was not fully prepared, and defend why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2011.

I went to the NY office for the first round of interviews. It was two 1:1 interviews with the first 10-15 minutes focusing on "fit" questions while the next 30-40 mins focused on a business case.
    The first 1:1 went really well - aced both parts of the interview. However the next 1:1 didn't go as smoothly, solely because I don't think we got a good feeling for each other. She seemed rather tired and bored (interviewed 5 candidates in one day).

Interview Questions
    • This X company would like to expand its business to Y business and they will only do it if they can make profit....should they go ahead with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2011.

Two case interviews back to back. I bombed the first but not the second. Since the first guy was calling the shots they decided not to pursue. Cases were standard profitability problems with a few curve balls, nothing unheard of. My advice: prepare as many cases as possible with people who've done these, not with friends who will help you crack the case as they mock interview you.

Interview Questions
    • Calculations of odd percentages within profitability case   View Answer