Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions

• Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

After speaking to a couple current employees, they extended the offer for a first round interview. It was the first of the day and with two case interviews. The first the guy was clearly in a bad mood and I stumbled on the case part. Second was with another employee and knocked that one out of the park. Never heard back from then though.... Even after inquiring several times. A no would've been nice

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for one of their international positions through my school's career development site. I initially applied and within one week, I received a phone screen from a recruiter. Afterwards, I was invited to an on-site interview in Chicago (that's where they did all the interviews for all international hires). In Chicago, I have 2 1:1 interviews with senior analysts. The first half of each interview was a case study and the later detailed our background and interests in BCG.

Interview Questions

• The CEO of the company in you case walks into the elevator. Make a 1 minute pitch on your answer to his problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

I attended an info session and then submitted my cover letter and resume. The first round interview consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different people. They all gave me hypothetical scenarios and asked me to provide a solution. I was allowed to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A coal mining company with majority market share in Canada is witnessing declining profits. Find out what's wrong.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I went through on campus recruiting. First round consisted of two one-on-one interviews. You could select three location preferences. NYC was my top choice, and I was invited to a final round in that office. The final round consisted of three case interviews with senior level consultants. People were all very nice. I remember one of the cases I had at the final round was heavily focused on interpreting graphs and charts. I think that was the case that I tripped up on. I would prepare by going over graphs more and practice interpreting them in a short amount of time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

2 45 minute interviews...30 minute cases, and 15 minute fit.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was rejected by BCG after the second round of interviews. During the second round I was solving a M&A case but the interviewer kept checking his Blackberry and replying to emails, giving me short answers to all my questions. The interviewer answered the emails during my entire pitch and then thanked me for the time and said he had to rush.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and included an introduction to case interviews workshop that allowed applicants to meet current employees. The HR team were very helpful but the interviewer feedback wasn't particularity helpful and sometimes ambiguous. Cases were left very open but the interviewers helped guide you to a certain extent. Overall I didn't have a bad experience but it could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when working as a team that things didn't go as planned and how you helped your team overcome any problems.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

CV and cover letter
    No test