Boston Consulting Group

Updated Nov 4, 2014

3.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions
  • Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions
    • Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2012.

I applied for one of their international positions through my school's career development site. I initially applied and within one week, I received a phone screen from a recruiter. Afterwards, I was invited to an on-site interview in Chicago (that's where they did all the interviews for all international hires). In Chicago, I have 2 1:1 interviews with senior analysts. The first half of each interview was a case study and the later detailed our background and interests in BCG.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO of the company in you case walks into the elevator. Make a 1 minute pitch on your answer to his problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2011.

I attended an info session and then submitted my cover letter and resume. The first round interview consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different people. They all gave me hypothetical scenarios and asked me to provide a solution. I was allowed to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • A coal mining company with majority market share in Canada is witnessing declining profits. Find out what's wrong.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2010.

2 45 minute interviews...30 minute cases, and 15 minute fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2010.

I went through on campus recruiting. First round consisted of two one-on-one interviews. You could select three location preferences. NYC was my top choice, and I was invited to a final round in that office. The final round consisted of three case interviews with senior level consultants. People were all very nice. I remember one of the cases I had at the final round was heavily focused on interpreting graphs and charts. I think that was the case that I tripped up on. I would prepare by going over graphs more and practice interpreting them in a short amount of time.

Business Analyst Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter, received a response within a few weeks, had to wait another month or so to interview. Interviewed with two consultants, one business case, one brainteaser-type case, plus a few competency questions from each interviewer, plus the BCG numerical test at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time it was better to do something on your own than in a team.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2014.

Group assessment with two logic tests, one of data analysis and the other of correct image choice. There was 10/12 young people (most graduates and young workers). Outstanding support of human resources in terms of travel support. Really good environment with kind a prepared people that supported the tests.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Everyone at BCG was very friendly and helpful throughout the process. Getting to the interview stage depended primarily on your resume and ability to make a connection with a representative at the information sessions. The info session is the first step--don't miss it. The interview itself was two case interviews with two different BCG people. I would advise focusing on sharpening your business vocabulary, reading business newspapers, and practicing some cases (don't go overboard here). The cases are not all that matters. You also need to interact well with the interviewer and demonstrate your understanding of the business world.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an area that you are considered an expert in, how you came to be considered an expert, and how you used that position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2010.

the cases the first round were fine, but in the second round, with three cases, blow one and you're done. it's the nature of the business. The cases ranged from pharma to consumer retail to the airline industry.