Boston Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and included an introduction to case interviews workshop that allowed applicants to meet current employees. The HR team were very helpful but the interviewer feedback wasn't particularity helpful and sometimes ambiguous. Cases were left very open but the interviewers helped guide you to a certain extent. Overall I didn't have a bad experience but it could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when working as a team that things didn't go as planned and how you helped your team overcome any problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted one month later to partecipate to an assessment with 2 tests: one numerical e one about lists of figure. Major concern it's time because you don't have enough to finish.
    Passed it and contacted 3 days after to a series of interview:
    - online case in english (time is limitated, so you have to extrapolate the right information quickly)
    - 1 on 1 interview + case study
    - 1 on 1 interview in english + case study

The interview are about your past exerience and teamworking and about your interest in the company

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for BCG?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was rejected by BCG after the second round of interviews. During the second round I was solving a M&A case but the interviewer kept checking his Blackberry and replying to emails, giving me short answers to all my questions. The interviewer answered the emails during my entire pitch and then thanked me for the time and said he had to rush.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

After speaking to a couple current employees, they extended the offer for a first round interview. It was the first of the day and with two case interviews. The first the guy was clearly in a bad mood and I stumbled on the case part. Second was with another employee and knocked that one out of the park. Never heard back from then though.... Even after inquiring several times. A no would've been nice

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

CV and cover letter
    No test
    2 case studies in the first round
    Case 1: Real estate client wanting to increase revenue
    Case 2: Competitive strategy for a Pharma client to a new entrant

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in January 2014.

Interview

Group assessment with two logic tests, one of data analysis and the other of correct image choice. There was 10/12 young people (most graduates and young workers). Outstanding support of human resources in terms of travel support. Really good environment with kind a prepared people that supported the tests.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter, received a response within a few weeks, had to wait another month or so to interview. Interviewed with two consultants, one business case, one brainteaser-type case, plus a few competency questions from each interviewer, plus the BCG numerical test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time it was better to do something on your own than in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions

• Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for one of their international positions through my school's career development site. I initially applied and within one week, I received a phone screen from a recruiter. Afterwards, I was invited to an on-site interview in Chicago (that's where they did all the interviews for all international hires). In Chicago, I have 2 1:1 interviews with senior analysts. The first half of each interview was a case study and the later detailed our background and interests in BCG.

Interview Questions

• The CEO of the company in you case walks into the elevator. Make a 1 minute pitch on your answer to his problem.   Answer Question