Boston Consulting Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Düsseldorf (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – I got an invitation to an interview only one day after my application. I had to do a computer test (which was doable) and two interviews. The case studies were also not very difficult, but the interviewers gave very little feedback during the interview on how I was doing. The atmosphere is relaxed, and the HR staff is very concerned about the applicants.

Interview Question – Standard questions like "why did you study x" "why do you want to work with us".   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Düsseldorf (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got an invitation for a job interview through participation in a workshop. Interview process consisted of 2 interview rounds on two different days.
First round: introductory presentation of the firm, two 1to 1 interviews. Personal fit questions, and case in each. Impression: positive, the interviewer were friendly and supportive. Cases were not difficult. First firm trading steel tries to reduce the cost - the answer more or less to reduce administration cost. Second case: supply chain track production was taking more days than the competetive firm. The answer - the orders for the suppliers were sent too late.

Second round much more aggressive and less friendly. X-Ray personal fit questions, much harder cases. the interviewer were not that supportive anymore. 4 Interviews: first one included only personal fit. In other three much harder cases. much less initial information and almost no support from the interviewers. First case - Beton production in Germany - market size for a new beton type. Second case two action houses - compare the trade figures and question whether to exclude the items under 5 euros from the inside-trade.
Third case - opera and opportunity to reduce cost - increase sales.

Interview Question – Should the company produce a new type of concrete for German market? This type is characterized by flat and smooth surface without any additional polishing but can be produced at 20% additional cost.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group Consultant interview questions and advice in Germany. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.