Boston Consulting Group

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
121 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – during my mba i got approached by BCG and really felt good "vibes" working with them

Interview Question – are you listening "the doors"   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Cases were straightforward. The hardest part was just the pressure of being in the interview setting. I will say that the cases really fly by when you're in the actual interview. I felt like I'd barely gotten started and hadn't really figured anything out before I had to make a recommendation!

Interview Question – No surprises.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – People are great. Courteous, friendly and helpful. 2 rounds of interviews, case and fit. First round were the consultants, second round by the principals. Got informed of the results by phone call.

Interview Question – Cases were all in industries that I wasn't familiar with.   View Answer

Consultant
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – First Interview Consisted of a personality interview and a case interview about the car repair industry in Germany, strategy framework formulation, and market sizing

Second interview included a quick resume based interview with a case interview about financial services operations, detailed process analysis, and talent development

Interview Question – a twist during market sizing   Answer Question

Interview Details – 1st round interview after the cv screening

Interview Question – How many steps did you take to come here?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Submitted application, scheduled informational phone interview. Phone interview went well; however, the travel commitments and my career aspirations did not fit well. All together, very positive experience.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward Q&A.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – The process was very professionally managed with clear expectations and numerous follow ups. First round consisted of two back-to-back case interviews and second round was similar but took into account feedback from the first.

Interview Question – Case where the client's had an unrealistic plan to expand into a particular market. Need to deliver that by doing calculations and guiding clients to the conclusion in a friendly way.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – introduced by ex-colleague who is now working at BCG. The interview took place three times. First one is with Manager, and the second one is with senior manager, and the third one is with engagement partner. I failed in third interview. The 3rd interview looked going well, but he doesn't conduct any case interview.

Interview Question – how many drug store in your city? how profitable they are?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – 6 interviews divided into 3 rounds. First round with more jnr staff and last round with partners. Case based interviews. First 10-15mins about you, 35 mins on a case questions then time at the end for you to ask questions. Get on www.caseinterview.com to help you prepare and do lots of practice with friends.

Interview Question – Calculations with lots of zero's   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possible other than start dates

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. 2 back to back case interview each round. Good learning experience. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Very professional experience.

Interview Question – Who are you?   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!