Boston Consulting Group

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.8

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

interviews after Bridge to BCG program

Interview Questions
  • During the second interview, the interviewer asked me to read some data first without asking for a framework.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Applied online, flown to SF office, passed 1st round but did not make it past final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2011.

Great interview experience. Two rounds of interview - a case interview on the phone and followed by three case interviews at the office. The process was smooth. One of the case interviews was hard. However the importance is more on your thought process rather than getting the answer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

College campus initiated process with a resume drop. First round: 3 separate 30 minute interviews (resume and business case). Second round: 4 separate 30 minute interviews (resume and business case).

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Two rounds of interviews. 2 back to back case interview each round. Good learning experience. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Very professional experience.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Italy - Milan. First step consists in a computer based test, with questions about a case study. It is not very difficult but the hardest topic is time (45 minutes are not too much, consider that the case consists in 5 written pages); in the first step there is also a face-to-face interview.
    The second step (1 month later for me) consists in two face to face interview.

The one-hour inferview consists in: 20 minutes of presentation and general questions, 30 minutes for a case study, 10 minures for questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2012.

For PhD with a science/engineering background at a target school, the process starts with on campus recruitment. Getting an interview largely depends on the quality of the resume, which should really stand out as they probably spend no more than 30 sec on each in the screening process. Previous internship at Fortune 500 companies is (almost) a must as there are more people with it than they recruit. PhDs are hired at the same level as MBAs so the competition is fierce. There are two rounds of interviews and most people get cut in the 1st round. Interviewee driven style for cases so if you don't get to the point they will just stare at you. At least 3 months of preparation is necessary, but you can spend a year to prepare and still get cut in the first round, which happened to tens of people I know. Don't get obsessed in this. Luck is most important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you have to convince someone to do something he/she originally wasn't willing to.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

I went to several presentations on campus and spoke to many of the ADC consultants from the west coast. Everyone was extremely friendly and open. It helps to network before submitting the cover letter through the website.
    Once submitted, they were a little inconsistent in letting people know whether they had a first round interview. They invited us to an interview prep workshop 2 days before which was nice but a little too late. My interviewers were great but I ultimately was unable to read the situation and do well.

Interview Questions
    • Business case didn't feel like the practice ones given. Case on solar panels. Not quite interviewer or interviewee led. Still was interesting even though I could tell by their body language that I was not going on to the next round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Applied as a PhD student from a non-target school and was invited for a first round interview in the office. Interview consisted of two behavioral/case interviews. One interview was with a principal and the other was with a project manager. Cases were fairly standard affairs and were based on actual projects that the interviewers worked on.

Interview Questions
    • A pharmaceutical wants to expand to China or Mexico. Which one should they move into?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interviews were rigorous and difficult. Important to maintain cool under pressure. Must have hypothesis driven approach and interviewee must drive the case. Good structure and math are expected. Solution - practice... a lot.

1 round interview - 2 interviews in local office. Mix of behavioral and case interviews with Project Leader and Principal.
    Decision round - 3 interviews in the office of choice/preference. Again Mix of behavioral and case interviews with Partners and Principals.

Interview Questions
    • Rigor of the cases. Must have creative solutions yet also suggest implementable solutions to tough problems in a very short time (approx. 25 min cases).   Answer Question
    None. Best in class offers.