Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

3.8

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

First round campus interview. Couple of fit questions and a case. Second round in BCG office, format was similar to first round. Received decision next day. Interviewers were very professional.

Interview Questions
  • Profitability case. The answer was hidden in product mix part.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

2 interviews first round (background and case)
    3 interviews final round (background and case)

BCG has a very transparent interview process, they let you know exactly what you are going to be doing. That being said, they expect perfection - my interviews all went well (I would say my final round interviews were just as good as my first round interviews) but that wasn't enough to get the offer. Answer one question wrong or pause for 2 seconds on one part of one case, and you're sunk.

They are very professional and amicable, recruiting services were wonderful. Only thing that could have been better is if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Typical cases on revenue stream changes in a pharma company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Resume drop on campus, interviewed in office. Two 45 min interviews going over case and fit. Didn't really mesh well with either of my interviewers so wasn't surprised at the no go for the final round.

Their logistics were solid, though I was disappointed with the interviewers. Didn't seem like they really cared. They were tired and ready to go home for the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Case question was about dividing a bonus pool for 4 business units by looking at performance data.   View Answer
    • Cost structure of elevator service operation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2011.

Two cases, very pleasant experience (as much as it can be). One case on insurance company strategy and the other on pharma R&D and pricing. Get an offer to proceed to the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Still haven't interviewed yet. I have been preparing a lot and my interview is coming this week. I wanted to use this site to look at some of the questions that others have faced interviewing at this company. I will update my info after my interview to provide a more detailed description of my experience

Interview Questions
    • The client was a major credit card company (e.g. Mastercard, AmEx, etc.) with $2B annual revenues. Last year, they entered into the Chinese market with limited success -- only bringing in $6M in revenues. They have entered into other emerging markets and have been successful. The CEO wanted to know whether the Chinese market is attractive, and what are some strategies for either growing in the market or retracting from the market.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

The process was very formalized. I came in for several case interviews that they seemed to make more difficult than need be. It was as if they were trying to trick me, but in odd ways. If I started moving down the wrong path, they would encourage me and be supportive. Likewise, when I was on the right track, they pointed me in another direction. All in all, it was ood.

People were sort of friendly, with a little coldness. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Interview Questions
    • A company sells paper signs and are looking for a way to expand, what do you recommend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2010.

2 rounds of interviews via campus recruiting. First round on campus and second round at the office. In general everyone was very friendly. First round cases were a bit easier and involved some heavy analysis of graphs. Second round interviewers seemed a bit rushed and less focused on answering questions. Took more of a high level approach to problems. Great company, tough cases.

Interview Questions
    • Please analyze this graph of experience-based learning   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

Application online - resume, cover letter, transcript required.
    First round - 2 interviews, 45 minutes each - 15 minutes personal, 30 minutes case
    Second round - 3 interviews, 1 hour written presentation, two 45 minute interviews like the last round

Turnaround time on each interview was less than a day for a positive result, usually 2-3 days for a negative result.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to work on a team and you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2010.

Invitation to a 2 day company presentation/interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

The first part of the process was the submission of an online application through my university's on campus hiring program. About three weeks after this application was submitted, I was informed by email that I received a first round interview. This interview consisted of two back to back case interviews with associates. I made it to a second round in New York which was three case interviews with firm principals.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult challenge during college?   View Answer