Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First round interview with two interviewers, one fit and one case within each. Both cases about health care, one market entry for a drug, and one healthcare payor with a twist.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in January 2012.

Interview

Online Capability Test und mehrere persönliche Interviews mit Project Leader / Principal / Partnern. Gesprächsinhalt waren Case Studies mit verschiedensten Problemen in unterschiedlichen Bereichen, wie halt in solchen Positionen üblich. Auch Guesstimates und einfache Mathematikaufgaben wurden gestellt oder waren Teil der Case Study. Hilfreich sind die online Angebote von BCG, McKinsey usw. Unbedingt zur Vorbereitung nutzen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Participated in Bridge to BCG (for PhDs), then had an in-person interview in NYC. Interviewed by 3 different team members while on-site. A Consultant walked through my resume and asked questions, and I did 1-2 case studies.

Interview Questions

• Standard case studies - also asked about my favorite book   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Vienna (Austria)) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call a couple of days after applying online and flew to the interview city a month later. I was greated by the HR person and brought to my 'interview room' straight away. There was no general company introduction or anything else. I had 2 case interviews and a online case test afterwards. I felt I did okay on the case interviews but I was told otherwise with a weird explanation (claiming I don't know my personal strengths, I should work on my maths - despite not having had any errors). I had the impression the choice was purely made on sympathy levels and nothing else. The online case was a bit strange and I definitely underperformed on that. Overall, the BCG interview experience was highly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal goal you set yourself and didn't achieve it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Short discussion with hiring manager and computerized test which measured business aptitude, 40 minute long test with qualitative and quantitative reasoning. First one needs to pass the computerized test and then move on to second round of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to their office for first round. 2 in-person interviews, 45 minutes each, 1:1, behavioral + case. Nothing was out of the ordinary with cases. One case was about revenue growth, the other was about cutting cost. One interviewer has MBA, the other is a PhD. The whole interview process was fast. Heard back next working day.

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral questions. One did ask about something on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was primarily case based. It consists of 2, 30 minute interviews on campus. (I was in business school at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business at the time.) Followed by 4 interviews at the BCG office in Chicago on the final round. This took about 4 hours. There was very little in the way of fit or behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Our client is a manufacturer of bathroom fixtures. They are concerned about their long term prospects.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process entailed 6 interviews with 4 Principals and 2 Partners based on business cases on very different topics, plus 1 on-line business case on low-cost airlines' sector. The whole process was rapid, effective and result-oriented, and I received an offer in a very short time. Very limited margins for negotiation, but the package offered is very attractive.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the market appeal of a new player producing umbrellas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Case + behavioral, nothing unexpected there. Fly in night before, fly out evening of. Enjoyed the experience. Was concurrently interviewing with life sci strat firms, so thrown off when received a life sci case. Went inappropriately deep, interviewer subsequently asked me to turn off my scientific mind and only use my business mind. Shouldn't have gone to the level of diagnostic rate/prevalence rate/disease severity/drug side effects etc. Relative to M&B, BCG seemed the least organized/invested in the recruiting/interviewing process.