Boston Consulting Group Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to their office for first round. 2 in-person interviews, 45 minutes each, 1:1, behavioral + case. Nothing was out of the ordinary with cases. One case was about revenue growth, the other was about cutting cost. One interviewer has MBA, the other is a PhD. The whole interview process was fast. Heard back next working day.

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral questions. One did ask about something on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was primarily case based. It consists of 2, 30 minute interviews on campus. (I was in business school at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business at the time.) Followed by 4 interviews at the BCG office in Chicago on the final round. This took about 4 hours. There was very little in the way of fit or behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Our client is a manufacturer of bathroom fixtures. They are concerned about their long term prospects.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process entailed 6 interviews with 4 Principals and 2 Partners based on business cases on very different topics, plus 1 on-line business case on low-cost airlines' sector.
    The whole process was rapid, effective and result-oriented, and I received an offer in a very short time.
    Very limited margins for negotiation, but the package offered is very attractive.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the market appeal of a new player producing umbrellas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Case + behavioral, nothing unexpected there. Fly in night before, fly out evening of. Enjoyed the experience. Was concurrently interviewing with life sci strat firms, so thrown off when received a life sci case. Went inappropriately deep, interviewer subsequently asked me to turn off my scientific mind and only use my business mind. Shouldn't have gone to the level of diagnostic rate/prevalence rate/disease severity/drug side effects etc.

Relative to M&B, BCG seemed the least organized/invested in the recruiting/interviewing process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied through on-line for the consultant position. Got a call from HR few weeks later to schedule an interview saying that she will send me the confirmation email right away but didn't get till the next day. HR called again to change the time of the interview, confirmed, got a confirmation email.

Interview Questions

• typical why BCG, why consulting questions and a case study interview   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Relaxed open first meeting, very friendly conversational style. The interviewer was pleasant, professional, remarkably adept at drawing out information and had a winning style promoting corporate and culture to make it appear very compelling.

Interview Questions

• Gentle questions, walking through experience, lots of tell us more about that, who was involved, what was the driver/outcome? What specific skills can you bring to analysing strategic issues? Outline in detail an example where you have worked with an unfamiliar team on an unfamiliar task giving us insight into your role, issues and resolution. High level discussion on financial background and technical skills. What development areas will you need us to invest in? What are your medium term plans, what is attracting you to us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews by many different teams and executives.

They were very focused and really wanted to know your background and giving specific examples. They also do a lot of follow up questions. You can't lie your way through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would be your motto?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview included three rounds, with an initial pre-screen. Final round was in the office where i was joining. The interviews included a fit questionaire section and a case on a topic from the client. Case included a math portion and a lot of framing analytics. All interviewers were very nice and friendly. But questions were tough.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

In the first round, I met with two mid-level employees for 45 minutes each. Most of the time was spent on a case, with 5 to 10 minutes of fit questions for me, and a chance for me to ask questions of them. In the final round, I met with two senior employees. The format was similar - 45 minutes spent with each person, most of the time spent on the cases, with 10 minutes or so for fit questions at the end. One of the cases in the final round was a written case. Three of the four people I met with were very pleasant. I suspect the fourth may have been a stress interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in which you had to persuade others to your point of view.   Answer Question