Boston Consulting Group

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.8

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

I had quite an enjoyable experience of interviewing for a consultant role. Unfortunately, I didn't make it but would have got in as an MBA hire. Initially, I was sure I didn't want to apply to BCG during their campus recruiting cycle since I felt that I wouldn't be well-prepared. During a recruiting event, I talked to the head of recruiting for one of the offices I would be applying to and he encouraged me to apply. I was called for an interview and had just over a week to prepare for the case interview. I focused on working on cases in that time and, unfortunately, neglected preparing for the online quantitative test which turned out to be my undoing. Overall, it was a great experience -- the interviewers, in particular, were gracious.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a time when you received difficult feedback.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2012.

Two round of interviews with two interviews for each round. Interviews are based on business cases solving and you get feedback on your performance after each round. You also have to make a presentation on a business case which is easier than live interviews but challlenging in terms of time management

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between BCG and other strategy consulting firms ?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Final round: Two interviews with two principals. One focusing on personal experience and a short case, one with a "written case" and more in-depth personal experience questions. For the written case, one is supposed to spend 45 min reading the materials (a slide deck and a memo in my case) and then present to the interviewer their thinking process and findings.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? What wakes you up in the morning?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

The first round interview consisted of two 40 minute back-to-back case interviews with the first 10-15 minutes of each devoted to behavioral questions. The interviewers were very nice and seemed to sincerely want you to perform well on the cases. The interview was the result of an employee referral. After communicating with recruiting, I had approximately a month to push back the interview in order to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • One of the business cases involved evaluating whether a supermarket chain should expand its offerings.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

The very good point of BCG is that they assign you a buddy in order to prep the interview and ask the preliminary questions. Having said that, I guess that unless you clearly say in the interview that you are ready to kill/die for the job, I guess chances are very slim. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. The process is probably very good in order to pick very competitive, motivated people.

Interview Questions
    • 2*45 min, 20 min of CV questions, the rest on case study + questions for the interviewer   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

I did my recruitment on campus a target MBA program. The recruitment was very structured with presentations and several networking opportunities before the application deadline. For those who did their research, followed the advice given and spent time on the resume and application they were very likely to get an interview.

First round as advertised: Two interviews with a fit part, a case part, and a Q&A part. Know you can nail the cases, but spend almost equally much time on your stories. Make sure you have 2-3 stories showing your leadership, achievements, dedication and entrepreneurial drive. For most this will take a lot of preparation. Use time with your friends to prep both parts of the interview and get feedback on both content and presentation of your stories

Final round with partners and principals at the office of my choice. They were focused on making sure I understood the local office, fit with the culture and really understood the job.The usual cases were in the partner interviews as well, but most of the focus was on fit

Interview Questions
    • Answering "Why BCG" in a convincing matter   View Answer

Consultant Interview

You must apply early, or else they will reject your application outright. After submitting the application, they will ask you a first round interview involving a case study and questions on your CV. The second round consists of two case studies with your potential colleagues, and the final round is 3 case studies with firm partners.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

1st round, two case interviews, not very hard. I am a PhD, and don't have much business ground, but I think the questions are still not hard. The brainstorming part is to think about factors relevant to how to choose a city for a new restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe the consulting job   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions
    • Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Campus recruitin. Typical two rounds interview for ADCs. First rounds were relatively formal and cases were typical ones compared to the practice cases. Final round case with partner was difficult. Fit questions were also more challenging (ask failure, etc.) Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you were the problem.   Answer Question