Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through my university, then had several back to back interviews for both fit and a case. I got one relatively standard case, but also one that threw me for a loop with the estimation required, though I believe it was intended to also see how well I adapted to less standard ideas. Overall though, the process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your greatest weakness", and case questions of course.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interviews were 2 back to back 45 minutes each. 5-10 minutes were for behavioral/fit questions, 30 minutes dedicated to the case case, and the rest for questions the applicant has. Behavioral questions were pretty straightforward, the interviewer is just trying to get to know you and see how you work on teams. The cases themselves are not super tricky, as long as you have a clear structure and stay organized throughout it. A lot of graphs (you need to ask the right questions to get the chart data) and some math. Interviewers are there to guide you, not trick you. But that being said, the interviews are definitely interviewee-led.

Interview Questions

• When was a time an idea of yours at your last job received pushback, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online. Then had 1 in person interview and 3 phone interviews over the course of 3 months. The overall experience was positive and the interviews weren't too hard - mostly asked behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

interviewed on campus. flew on site for second round. People are very very nice. Two cases for first round and two cases for second round. Cases are much harder for second round

Intern Interview

Interview

Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Intern Interview

Interview

Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Questions

• guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did pretty well on guestimation