Boston Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Interview Question – Straightforward cases and behavioral   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had first round interview in Atlanta. Two 45 minute interviews with first 10 minutes behavioral. Had market entry and cost case. Practice unit conversion because that is what through me off.

Interview Question – Look at this slide and tell me which supplier we should use.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Question – guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did pretty well on guestimation

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Question – Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Interview Question – Case study   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two one on one interviews on the same day. One in English, one in your native language. If you pass those interviews then you intern at the office you applied in application form.

Interview Question – One interviewer summarized her last project with the client. She asked many why questions in order to understand you haven't just memorized common frameworks. There was a cheese company in Holland who was looking to increase its revenue. One questions was which options should you consider to increase the revenue? You are expected to give at least 3-4 answers. In my case, she was looking for you to say "expanding other countries". Then she asked which criteria should be used before entering into new market. After a couple of more questions, she showed me a chart and wanted me calculate production cost.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Lean process, with less steps than the other consultancy firms. Could be more supportive by offering coach or trainning sessions for the candidates, as the other firms did. Also could give feedback to their candidates as a way to improve their chances to learn and grow for other opportunities. Great format of case interview by presenting data and graphics in paper as the case advance.

Interview Question – Business case with slides and printed data, not only verbal presented data.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very interesting: they called me right after my application to come by for interview.
Just prepared myself a bit with case in point, after all they don't want you to use a predefined framework, they want you to create a framework on the spot. The first round was rather hard, while the in basket case in the second round wasn't too hard.
Btw, you always need some luck to survive :)

Interview Question – How did you persuade people one time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – went to several events, got through first round of interviews, enjoyed all people met, did not get an offer for the summer but was encouraged to apply for a full time offer in the fall

Interview Question – be ready for a question about a time you messed up and how you rectified the situation/what you learned   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group Intern interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.