Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of behavioral questions to get a better idea if I was compatible to work in their work environment. Have millions of qualified applicants but need to find the BCG fit and thats what they try to look for in interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through my university, then had several back to back interviews for both fit and a case. I got one relatively standard case, but also one that threw me for a loop with the estimation required, though I believe it was intended to also see how well I adapted to less standard ideas. Overall though, the process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your greatest weakness", and case questions of course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online. Then had 1 in person interview and 3 phone interviews over the course of 3 months. The overall experience was positive and the interviews weren't too hard - mostly asked behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Questions

• guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did pretty well on guestimation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very interesting: they called me right after my application to come by for interview. Just prepared myself a bit with case in point, after all they don't want you to use a predefined framework, they want you to create a framework on the spot. The first round was rather hard, while the in basket case in the second round wasn't too hard. Btw, you always need some luck to survive :)

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

It took forever. Between sending the CV and being accepted and getting the first interview took 3 months. It was not very well organized, the HR department I mean. The inteview itself was great, both the ontervieweres were very friendly and nice, i was nervous but as soon as we started the fit interview it was completely ok. It was enjoyable. the whole experience was enjoyable. I am still waiting for an answer but I have a feeling I ll get it. Best of luck for the ones making it.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work, what are the things that really motivate you and that you really like enjoy doing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2015.

Interview

We got an email from BCG to attend BCG Connection Event @ Hilton Hotel. After that we submit cv and were called to the first round interview which is in a form of group interview. this interview were mostly talked about the case and few weeks after that i received an email about the invitation of second round of interview with 2 principals. this 2nd round interview are in the form of individual interview. this is my very first time went through case interview, it was quite hard at first but because the interviewer was really nice and very helpful i could manage to grasp the problem and solution of the case

Interview Questions

• case interview about declining profit of major paper company   Answer Question