Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I attended a Businnes and company presentation on campus, then mailed one of the speaker so I managed to have my cv to be checked as soon as possible. After the green light for the cv screening I was invited to the first round interview. Two 1v1 case interview and 1 interactive case at pc. After 1 week I got the news that I passed the first step so I got invited to a second and last round, again 2 1v1 interviews on cases (harder than before) and one last 1v1 with the hr manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online, got call inviting me to the office for a first round interview. Had two case interviews: first one went great, but bombed the second one. Both interviewers were relatively senior employees, but were nice, although you could tell they had other things to do. Asked lots of questions, made BCG seem great to work for.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Intern Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Questions
    • guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question
    I did pretty well on guestimation

Intern Interview

Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Intern Interview

Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Intern Interview

Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Questions
    • Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2011.

First round interview consisted of one numerical test and one to one case interview. Second round was one case interview and third round was an interview with partner and principal. Usually the interviews started with 10-15 min fit questions i.e. Why BCG? Why management consulting? Followed by 20 minutes business case and 5 min Q&A. Interviewers and HR were really friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an industry and company you really like and why!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

Two one on one interviews on the same day. One in English, one in your native language. If you pass those interviews then you intern at the office you applied in application form.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer summarized her last project with the client. She asked many why questions in order to understand you haven't just memorized common frameworks. There was a cheese company in Holland who was looking to increase its revenue. One questions was which options should you consider to increase the revenue? You are expected to give at least 3-4 answers. In my case, she was looking for you to say "expanding other countries". Then she asked which criteria should be used before entering into new market. After a couple of more questions, she showed me a chart and wanted me calculate production cost.   Answer Question