Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview

Lean process, with less steps than the other consultancy firms. Could be more supportive by offering coach or trainning sessions for the candidates, as the other firms did. Also could give feedback to their candidates as a way to improve their chances to learn and grow for other opportunities. Great format of case interview by presenting data and graphics in paper as the case advance.

Interview Questions

• Business case with slides and printed data, not only verbal presented data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Two one on one interviews on the same day. One in English, one in your native language. If you pass those interviews then you intern at the office you applied in application form.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer summarized her last project with the client. She asked many why questions in order to understand you haven't just memorized common frameworks. There was a cheese company in Holland who was looking to increase its revenue. One questions was which options should you consider to increase the revenue? You are expected to give at least 3-4 answers. In my case, she was looking for you to say "expanding other countries". Then she asked which criteria should be used before entering into new market. After a couple of more questions, she showed me a chart and wanted me calculate production cost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had first round interview in Atlanta. Two 45 minute interviews with first 10 minutes behavioral. Had market entry and cost case. Practice unit conversion because that is what through me off.

Interview Questions

• Look at this slide and tell me which supplier we should use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

went to several events, got through first round of interviews, enjoyed all people met, did not get an offer for the summer but was encouraged to apply for a full time offer in the fall

Interview Questions

• be ready for a question about a time you messed up and how you rectified the situation/what you learned   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very interesting: they called me right after my application to come by for interview.
    Just prepared myself a bit with case in point, after all they don't want you to use a predefined framework, they want you to create a framework on the spot. The first round was rather hard, while the in basket case in the second round wasn't too hard.
    Btw, you always need some luck to survive :)

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Had a total of 7 interviews (including 2 tests: witten case study and a computer math test). Everyone i spoke too was extremelly nice and polite. Cases are quiet tough, and require a lot of preparation and practice.
    The tests are pressure tests more than anything. GMAT style questions over a short period of time (less than 2 min per question).

Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

It took forever. Between sending the CV and being accepted and getting the first interview took 3 months. It was not very well organized, the HR department I mean. The inteview itself was great, both the ontervieweres were very friendly and nice, i was nervous but as soon as we started the fit interview it was completely ok. It was enjoyable. the whole experience was enjoyable. I am still waiting for an answer but I have a feeling I ll get it. Best of luck for the ones making it.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work, what are the things that really motivate you and that you really like enjoy doing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2015.

Interview

We got an email from BCG to attend BCG Connection Event @ Hilton Hotel. After that we submit cv and were called to the first round interview which is in a form of group interview. this interview were mostly talked about the case and few weeks after that i received an email about the invitation of second round of interview with 2 principals. this 2nd round interview are in the form of individual interview. this is my very first time went through case interview, it was quite hard at first but because the interviewer was really nice and very helpful i could manage to grasp the problem and solution of the case

Interview Questions

• case interview about declining profit of major paper company   Answer Question