Boston Consulting Group

3.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2010.

Very interesting: they called me right after my application to come by for interview.
Just prepared myself a bit with case in point, after all they don't want you to use a predefined framework, they want you to create a framework on the spot. The first round was rather hard, while the in basket case in the second round wasn't too hard.
Btw, you always need some luck to survive :)

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

the first stage of the hiring process is a math part based on quantitate calculus as percentage etc (without calculator), the second part is about the resolution of a business case

Intern Interview

Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Questions
    • Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Cases were very specific and the interviewer questioned every line of reasoning. They evaluated every aspect of your thinking structure, the way you presented your thoughts on the matter and how you work under severe pressure.
    The 2 case interviews were based on your problem-solving skills rather than your past experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to evaluate the value of a business in Italy, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

i had to do a test about a bunch of data about the airline industry that i found quite difficult due to the different unit of measures of profitability that this industry uses.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2013.

After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.

Answer Question
    I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2013.

Nice people and culture. Test was quite difficult under the time pressure. The interviews were easy going. Two cases in which extra information was shown while the case was running which had to be integrated. Had to do two comparisons to decide if it was better to produce the product here or in turkey. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions
    • Computer test was quite challenging compared to other (consulting) firms   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

One on one interview with the project team's junior associate.
    Nothing usual, but talked about my past work history, no case interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online, got call inviting me to the office for a first round interview. Had two case interviews: first one went great, but bombed the second one. Both interviewers were relatively senior employees, but were nice, although you could tell they had other things to do. Asked lots of questions, made BCG seem great to work for.

Intern Interview

I attended a Businnes and company presentation on campus, then mailed one of the speaker so I managed to have my cv to be checked as soon as possible. After the green light for the cv screening I was invited to the first round interview. Two 1v1 case interview and 1 interactive case at pc. After 1 week I got the news that I passed the first step so I got invited to a second and last round, again 2 1v1 interviews on cases (harder than before) and one last 1v1 with the hr manager.