Boston Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Question – Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Cases were very specific and the interviewer questioned every line of reasoning. They evaluated every aspect of your thinking structure, the way you presented your thoughts on the matter and how you work under severe pressure.
The 2 case interviews were based on your problem-solving skills rather than your past experience.

Interview Question – If you were to evaluate the value of a business in Italy, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – One on one interview with the project team's junior associate.
Nothing usual, but talked about my past work history, no case interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Question – What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Milan (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – i had to do a test about a bunch of data about the airline industry that i found quite difficult due to the different unit of measures of profitability that this industry uses.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and I received an invitation to the office after I called them to check on my application. I made the first interview and it was a fail

Interview Question – Our client is a manufacturing company that wants to buy a plant in X location, how would you help our client determine the price of the plant?   View Answer

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume for an on-campus recruiting event. It was selected for the first round interviews and I met with an analyst. I didn't make it to the next round which would have been a case study.

Interview Question – What other kinds of positions are you applying to?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Quite tough and many stages. I was surprised by some of the questions, especially those analytical ones. As these questions usually follow the same pattern I would advise you to read a book about them before you go to the interview.

Be sure you are well dressed, confident and prepared.

Interview Question – About number of pianos im Poland.   Answer Question

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview consisted of one numerical test and one to one case interview. Second round was one case interview and third round was an interview with partner and principal. Usually the interviews started with 10-15 min fit questions i.e. Why BCG? Why management consulting? Followed by 20 minutes business case and 5 min Q&A. Interviewers and HR were really friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about an industry and company you really like and why!   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, got call inviting me to the office for a first round interview. Had two case interviews: first one went great, but bombed the second one. Both interviewers were relatively senior employees, but were nice, although you could tell they had other things to do. Asked lots of questions, made BCG seem great to work for.

Interview Question – Case Interview 2   Answer Question