Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

3.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was chosen after sending my CV and cover letter, but I did not prepare enough the test. I focused on the case-interview and skipped the preparation for the test. When I had the paper in front of me I was simply blocked and I could not make a single number. It was really frustrating having been selected and not being able to show my suitability for the job for not preparing well enough the test

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

the first stage of the hiring process is a math part based on quantitate calculus as percentage etc (without calculator), the second part is about the resolution of a business case

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2014.

Interview

-Applied online on their website
    -Phone call
    -3 interviews about one hour each with a presentation part (20 min) and a study case part. (40 min). Everything during the same day
    -Result at the end of the day

Interview Questions

• What do you think a consultant do? etc...
      + 3 study cases.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Questions

• Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in November 2013.

Interview

Cases were very specific and the interviewer questioned every line of reasoning. They evaluated every aspect of your thinking structure, the way you presented your thoughts on the matter and how you work under severe pressure.
    The 2 case interviews were based on your problem-solving skills rather than your past experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to evaluate the value of a business in Italy, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in September 2013.

Interview

i had to do a test about a bunch of data about the airline industry that i found quite difficult due to the different unit of measures of profitability that this industry uses.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2013.

Interview

After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2013.

Interview

Fijne mensen en cultuur. Test was vrij lastig onder tijdsdruk. De interviews zijn makkelijk en op het gemak. Twee gevallen waarin extra informatie werd getoond, terwijl de zaak liep die geïntegreerd moest worden. Moest twee vergelijkingen doen om te beslissen of het beter was om het product hier of in Turkije te produceren. Voorbereiding is essentieel.

Nice people and culture. Test was quite difficult under the time pressure. The interviews were easy going. Two cases in which extra information was shown while the case was running which had to be integrated. Had to do two comparisons to decide if it was better to produce the product here or in turkey. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Computer test was behoorlijk uitdagend vergeleken met andere (advies)kantoren   Computer test was quite challenging compared to other (consulting) firms   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with the project team's junior associate.
    Nothing usual, but talked about my past work history, no case interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online, got call inviting me to the office for a first round interview. Had two case interviews: first one went great, but bombed the second one. Both interviewers were relatively senior employees, but were nice, although you could tell they had other things to do. Asked lots of questions, made BCG seem great to work for.