Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I attended a Businnes and company presentation on campus, then mailed one of the speaker so I managed to have my cv to be checked as soon as possible. After the green light for the cv screening I was invited to the first round interview. Two 1v1 case interview and 1 interactive case at pc. After 1 week I got the news that I passed the first step so I got invited to a second and last round, again 2 1v1 interviews on cases (harder than before) and one last 1v1 with the hr manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna (Austria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2011.

Fancy invitation to a 5 Star hotel all included down to the driver.

Very interesting assessment days with a large case study

Interview Questions
    • Initially no support during the case study. The intention was to watch us figuring it out by ourselves   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2011.

3 parts:
    - Fit questions
    - Business Case
    - Ask what you want

Interview Questions
    • Tell me two characteristics of your personality you have to improve and how you'll do that.   View Answer
    No negotiation, I just signed the contract. It was really good so no need to change.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2011.

Two standard case interviews with partners, back on back (final stage).

Atmosphere quite relaxed, sounded more like a conversation - though of course you always have to pay attention to staying on track and delivering convincing, articulated answers.

1st case was more of a brainteaser - estimate the annual income of a taxi driver in Italy. Then a few fit questions (why BCG, why consulting, guide me through your resumé).

2nd case - Food & beverage industry, redefining the distribution strategy, a bit more complicated. Then other fit questions (most important achievement, why would hire you, tell me something that's not on your CV).

Overall very positive - I joined them for an internship and the office culture is extremely informal - with lots of empowerment for newbies like me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that's not on your CV   View Answer
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2012.

Applied online, received personal confirmation within 2 weeks and got invited for a reasoning test. It was a 50 minutes 55 questions test consisting of long passages of text, long logic questions as well as short quantitative ones. Within 2 weeks I got invited for two 1:1 interviews where I was asked questions based on my CV (I got handed theirs before the interview to get prepared) and then we talked through the case study. Finally, I was given the time to ask questions freely.
    The whole process was very professional and relaxed. Everybody I talked to or met was friendly and seemed like they had all the time in the world. The people and the environment alone would make this a very enjoyable job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interviewed with 2 partners and 1 principal from 3 different greater China offices. All of them are very nice to chat with, did not feel too presured. The case interviews are relatively short, about 20 min.

Interview Questions
    • The case was not with a specific company, rather it is a more general social-economic question.   Answer Question
    Not really much room to negotiate since it is an intern offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2011.

Applied online for an intern position. Received an invitation for first round interviews through email. Sat a BCG aptitude test. Lots of mental maths. 40 questions in 20 minutes. Not as time challenging as some SHL ones. Interview consists of two 1:1 ones. 5 minutes on fit and then the remaining 40 minutes on case. Some interviewers were obviously nicer than others.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see consultancy taking you and what do you hope to develop from this internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2009.

1. Resume, coer letter, and Transcript
    2. first round: mini GMAT test tesing verbal, quantitive reasong, 30min each section, not too difficult to solve as long as you can read a graph, analyze it, and project the trend.
    3. 1-on-1 interview with Partner-level consultant, mainly focues on your resume/ fit quistions and one case study question (they often times ask a case study they are actually working on at the time based on my interview experience with BCG as well as Bain & Company)

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick between a lottery worth $1M and full-time job offer at this company, what would you choose? and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2009.

First, I was invited with other students to spend a day at the countryside in order to discover the company. We had a company presentation, a lunch and then an outdoor activity where teams of students compete against each other to win as much "money" as they can. It was quite relaxed and enjoyable.

Right after that, I applied online and was invited for my first interview. To prepare you to the interview, they invite you to their office with other candidates to talk about the process. The interview process is very specific to management consulting firms. First, you complete a reasoning test on a computer. It's much better to be prepared by doing questions from the GMAT for example. The time is quite thight, but if you know what to expect it's okay. Then you have the interview itself with a consultant, you will never be interviewed by an HR person. He starts by asking classical questions about your resume, but it was absolutely not in depth in my case. It lasted only 10 minutes. After that you have the case. It is very important to be well prepared, no one can succeed without a good preparation (do cases, practice mental calculation, develop reasoning tricks to structure your thoughts). The interviewer explains a classical consulting problem and you have to solve the situation. Don't be afraid to take notes, to ask something if don't understand, their goal is not to trap you, they just want to see how you reflect. Take time to think about what you say and try to formulate what you want clearly and with as few words as possible. Don't forget to sum up what you have said so far in 1 min from time to time.

Interview Questions
    • Could you evaluate the profit margin according to the costs and price given? (Numerical question in the case)   Answer Question
    • Why BCG ?.   Answer Question