Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.8

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Final round: Two interviews with two principals. One focusing on personal experience and a short case, one with a "written case" and more in-depth personal experience questions. For the written case, one is supposed to spend 45 min reading the materials (a slide deck and a memo in my case) and then present to the interviewer their thinking process and findings.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? What wakes you up in the morning?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

You must must must practice case studies with a partner, it's not really enough to just read Case in Point (although it's a good starting point). You can't really be over prepared. Make sure to be organized and logical in your approach.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Was called in for an interview with Digital Operations Officer, a Developer, and a third employee who didn't show. I waited for over an hour for the third person who was tied up in meetings and failed to let the HR person on duty on know there was interview waiting for him.

Interview Questions
    • DOO asked how I would deal with a difficult member of a team.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Very quick turn around between interviews, but overall a great experience. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. I can tell that everyone genuinely wanted me to succeed. Unfortaunely, I froze up during one of my final round interviews and it probably costed me the offer, but regardless , it was a great experience, and I would recommdend everyone go through with it.

First round:
    2 40 minute case interviews (few fit questions here and there)

Final round:
    3 40 minute case interviews

Interview Questions
    • During my first round, I was given about 10-12 graphs, and I had to synthesize information from all of these resources, and pull insight to various questions that my interviewer was asking.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went to all the campus events and the people were extremely nice. Once I had been picked for first round interviews they introduced me to some current employees who would practice cases with me over the phone. The interview was two 45 min cases. The people were very nice but it seems BCG is looking for you to drive the case on your own more than some of the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • case on 1 company buys another and wants to know what to do with the two distribution channels.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions
    • Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I applied through my school, and got a first round interview. It was two back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with a bit of fit at the beginning, a case, and then some time for questions. The cases were not too difficult, but I think that perfection was required to get through to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • "When did you overcome an issue with trust, and how did you do it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied through my university and was brought in for first-round interviews at the local (Boston in my case) office. Interviews were 45 minutes long, back-to-back: 10 minutes for fit questions, 30 minutes for case interview, 5 minutes for Q&A. Was flown to the Chicago office (my eventual home office) for second-round interviews, which were structured a little differently: 1 verbal case, like in the first round, and one hour and a half written case + presentation. Met many different BCGers along the way and was impressed with how frank and honest they are through the entire process!

Interview Questions
    • Should our client, a worldwide coffee company, focus on growing the existing US market or expanding into China?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Campus recruitin. Typical two rounds interview for ADCs. First rounds were relatively formal and cases were typical ones compared to the practice cases. Final round case with partner was difficult. Fit questions were also more challenging (ask failure, etc.) Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you were the problem.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied online, there is no deadline for this position.The interesting part is they offer me a chat opportunity with associate and analyst who works in BCG New York, not the HR to have the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions. Introduce yourself, why consulting, why BCG   Answer Question