Boston Consulting Group

442 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – BCG came on campus. Resume got selected through the pool. Interview scheduled within two weeks of application.

Two rounds. First one was on campus. Two 30 minutes interview with 5-7 minutes of behavioral then a case study. Both interviews lasted more than 45 minutes.

Second round at the office. Three 30 minutes talk scheduled. This time emphasis more on fit but still a case study involved. Met with few other members at the office as well.

Impression: Super cool bunch of people. Very impressed. I like them better than McKinsey or Bain. Top notch firm...! Take an offer if you get it.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary or trick question. Case study was straight forward. They try to help you along like you're working on an assignment together. Show them your work while discussing it. DO NOT mess up the simple math and do it on the fly. If you're making math related mistakes, you won't get a second round. Simple as that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm more interested in I-Banking than Consulting.

Full Time Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Very tough process with extremely brilliant people who make you feel that they are brilliant.
You have to be completely exhaustive during the case, methodical, structured and seem confident.
I really enjoyed the whole process.

The final round is very challenging. Case studies are more about brainstorming.

Good Luck

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to team up with people   View Answer

Associate Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – applied through my school, had 2 rounds of interviews (3 interviews in each round)

Interview Question – tell me about a risk you took and if it paid off   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submit my resume through campus recruiting in September. Got selected for interviews. The first round was on campus, two case interviews. Each interview took about 30 minutes. Second round was on-site in October. There were 3 case interviews. Case interviews were similar to those in the first round.

Interview Question – There was a very hard case in the second round.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Interview Question – Case, solve logical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Interview Question – Straightforward cases and behavioral   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via website, took a month for them to contact me back (deadlines were very late January this year), but once I got a first round the second round was three days later and I got an offer that evening.

Interview Question – Difficult cases, very numbers focused   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Interview Question – One time you did something with no supervision   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group interview questions and advice. All 442 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.