Boston Consulting Group

Getting the Interview

440 candidate interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Question – A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.

Interview Question – What do you know about private equity?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Submitted CV and cover letter, received a response within a few weeks, had to wait another month or so to interview. Interviewed with two consultants, one business case, one brainteaser-type case, plus a few competency questions from each interviewer, plus the BCG numerical test at the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time it was better to do something on your own than in a team.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – The HR liaison was extremely helpful in explaining the recruitment process. The office I applied to organised for me to pass a test in my nearest BCG office, which I found to be convenient.

Interview Question – I passed the online case study. It was more challenging that I expected. Questions were a mix of quantitative and qualitative.   Answer Question

Full Time Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Very tough process with extremely brilliant people who make you feel that they are brilliant.
You have to be completely exhaustive during the case, methodical, structured and seem confident.
I really enjoyed the whole process.

The final round is very challenging. Case studies are more about brainstorming.

Good Luck

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to team up with people   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Interview Question – One time you did something with no supervision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Initially picked up via a 3rd party recruitment firm. Submitted CV and covering letter for specific BCG team (IVI Taskforce). Attended first round interview at which I met two BCG employees, one specifically from IVI team and one more senior general strategist. Both interviews had all the standard cultural fit and CV exploration. Both had a case study element, one relating to to a Swiss bank looking to reduce costs.

Interview Question – Maths elements of both case studies were quite complex and you were invited to ask questions or clarify. However interviewer sat right next to you which was slightly off-putting.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting at Wharton.

Interview Question – A company makes feminine protection products. They are facing contracting margins. A new supplier offers them a low price on a new low-tack adhesive. What criteria should the use to evaluate it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group interview questions and advice. All 440 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.