Boston Consulting Group

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.8

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Applied through the university career portal. only made it to first rounds, had 2 45 minute interviews. A case for each. Very straightforward cases, interviewers were very professional. Make sure you have good questions to ask at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Given a graph with 3 possible scenarios, asked whether or not the company should invest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

the first stage of the hiring process is a math part based on quantitate calculus as percentage etc (without calculator), the second part is about the resolution of a business case

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2012.

Two round of interviews with two interviews for each round. Interviews are based on business cases solving and you get feedback on your performance after each round. You also have to make a presentation on a business case which is easier than live interviews but challlenging in terms of time management

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between BCG and other strategy consulting firms ?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round interview: 2 back to back interviews with associates doing business cases. Spent a little time in the conference room mingling and eating the provided burritos.

Wait 7-8 days...call from the recruiter asking me to come back in. He gave me feedback on what to do better and what I did well. Second round interview scheduled for two weeks later.

Second (final) round interview: 3 back to back 45 min interviews with 2 case team leaders and 1 principal. Slightly more time spent on fit, but the case is the focus.

Most important advice given to me: you have to nail ALL THREE cases to get the offer: I only nailed two, ce la vie...

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing surprising if you're trying to get into consulting. Very little time spent on fit questions, just your average case studies. Lots of graphs...   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

The whole process took about a month. Applied online to a SEA office, was contacted about a week after my application. Interviews were done in a top notch hotel, very organized, very nice people.

No negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Called for a phone interview and asked questions about my resume and background. This was follow by a Skype interview and talked about my ambitions, background again and then he asked a case question.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how a country would expand it's supermarket, grocery stores in other countries   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Typical consulting interview process - the first round would consist of 2 interviews each includes a case for 45 mins and then 15 mins for a behavioral piece. If you pass you move on to the second round which will include 3 cases similar format ot the first round. If you pass you get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The case is where he difficulties arise. of course this based on many things such as the interviewer, the type of the case and the experience of the interview   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Two rounds. 2 interviews in round 1 and 3 in round 2. All case based. Very standard cases across the board. If you prep for normal cases these should not catch you too off guard. This was my second time interviewing there and the cases were fairly consistent between the two occasions. Everyone is very friendly/ supportive compared to some other comparable firms.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about financial services which were far from my background.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

it was the usual case interview process. supposedly they would fly you out later, depending on your geographic preference and it's most likely very standardized for this position. i didn't make the first round....

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are like exams, but nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Really important to network beforehand. Very hard to secure an interview without getting to know the people in the office you want to work in. The interview is devided into 2 parts: fit, and case. The fit part should be about 10-15 minutes. You will need to walk the consultant through your resume, and answer question about your background. The case is a straight up consulting case.