Boston Consulting Group

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.8

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went to all the campus events and the people were extremely nice. Once I had been picked for first round interviews they introduced me to some current employees who would practice cases with me over the phone. The interview was two 45 min cases. The people were very nice but it seems BCG is looking for you to drive the case on your own more than some of the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • case on 1 company buys another and wants to know what to do with the two distribution channels.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions
    • Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I applied through my school, and got a first round interview. It was two back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with a bit of fit at the beginning, a case, and then some time for questions. The cases were not too difficult, but I think that perfection was required to get through to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • "When did you overcome an issue with trust, and how did you do it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied through my university and was brought in for first-round interviews at the local (Boston in my case) office. Interviews were 45 minutes long, back-to-back: 10 minutes for fit questions, 30 minutes for case interview, 5 minutes for Q&A. Was flown to the Chicago office (my eventual home office) for second-round interviews, which were structured a little differently: 1 verbal case, like in the first round, and one hour and a half written case + presentation. Met many different BCGers along the way and was impressed with how frank and honest they are through the entire process!

Interview Questions
    • Should our client, a worldwide coffee company, focus on growing the existing US market or expanding into China?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Campus recruitin. Typical two rounds interview for ADCs. First rounds were relatively formal and cases were typical ones compared to the practice cases. Final round case with partner was difficult. Fit questions were also more challenging (ask failure, etc.) Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you were the problem.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied online, there is no deadline for this position.The interesting part is they offer me a chat opportunity with associate and analyst who works in BCG New York, not the HR to have the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions. Introduce yourself, why consulting, why BCG   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

1st round, two case interviews, not very hard. I am a PhD, and don't have much business ground, but I think the questions are still not hard. The brainstorming part is to think about factors relevant to how to choose a city for a new restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe the consulting job   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

I was at a target school, applied on the website, interviewed about a week after applying. They were pretty difficult case interviews. You need to be quite experienced with case interviews before going to a interview with them. Suggested amount of practices was about 20 - 30 cases. They expect you to lead the case a lot. So be structured and be creative!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Following my internship at BCG, I was offered to join BCG full-time in Europe. I applied for a transfer to one of the American offices via email. I was asked to come to the office to meet some people for interviews a couple of days after my first inquiry.

Interview Questions
    • No case-interviews, just a friendly getting-to-know each other.   Answer Question
    BCG offers little room for negotiation. I was told the only slack you have is the entry-level. I did not negotiate, however.

Full Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I had a BCG phone chat after I submitted my application online. I was a bit confused about this. But a phone chat is just that, a chat, not a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, it was a conversation. I had some questions prepared and I used the opportunity to talk about my experience and what I am looking for.   Answer Question