Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Knowledge Analyst (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 3 part interview. First, a phone screening. Second, an in-person interview at the office. Third, a video interview. They are mostly just trying to determine who you are, what you're looking for, and if you'll be a good fit. Be ready to discuss your resume, accomplishments, and some behavioral/situational type questions. Nothing crazy. My interviewers were very personable.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you have multiple time sensitive matters that need to be done?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

This interview process was frustrating as the "fit" questions were kept to a minimum. The interviewers seemed rush to get to the next person and would cut off your question at the end to start ushering you out the door. Although the process was efficient and only took a few days, you do not seem like an individual but a number to them.

Interview Questions

• The only question was "tell me about a time someone disagreed with you." Other than that, it was a case.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Went through on campus recruiting of a top tier university. Submitted resume, cover letter and transcript through their website and campus recruiting website. They invited me to their local office for a mock interview about a week before the real thing. It took them a weekend plus a couple of days to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a team that was functioning well   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Diversity program for sophomores. First round was a low key group interview in their Boston office, and the second round was a 1 day superday with 2 case interviews (half fit, half case) in their New York office. Asked me about my work experience, school experience, then did the typical case questions. There was a pricing case and a M&A case.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter and transcript online (but through my university). I was initially really excited when I went to their info session because the employees seemed very interesting and engaging and laid back. However, the first round of interviews was the complete opposite. I had two separate interviews which were about 45 minutes each: 15 minutes behavioral and a 30 minute case. My first interviewer was extremely rude and condescending. The second was very kind and really seemed interested in my answers and the different way I solved the case. Overall, I could tell I wasn't a good fit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had 5 cases on my final round with BCG. The first 4 cases when very smooth, completely in-line with how I had prepared, the 5th case was a disaster though. The case was about a competitor moving into a different country, all of the numbers indicated it was the wrong move for them so my recommendation was to ignore them. The Partner doing the case told me that there must be a reason for them to move so I should always follow them at least with a small launch to test the waters. It all went south from there. Didn't get an offer.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Write Cover letter and submit Resume. You are invited to their offices to take the test. Had some travel the first time because their system was not working. I had to come another day.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

Initially took part in on campus networking, then resume drop, then first round interview. Did no extra informationals, but would probably have helped. I did two back to back interviews, each with a behavioral and a case. Cases were certainly tricky; good preparation is essential. I used Case In Point and other resources and they helped a lot. Interviewers were great people, very laid back and made the interview much more easy and less stressful.

Interview Questions

• No incredibly difficult ones. Maybe "tell me about a time you had to sell an idea to a higher level" or influence someone/create buy in - have a good story for those!   Answer Question