Boston Consulting Group

440 candidate interviews

Visiting Associate Interview

Visiting Associate

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – The first step consisted in a logical test and in a numerical test. Not extremely difficult but time was the major constraint. The second step consisted in a case to be solved at a PC. Similar to any business case, the fact that there was no interaction with an interviewer did not help. Moreover, differently from a face-to-face interview, time was measured at the second. The third step was a face-to-face interview with background questions and a market estimation question.

Interview Question – The online business case itself was the most challenging part.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Applied by emailing one of the HR people (got her contact details via a mutual friend). Everyone was very friendly, although I didn't feel as relaxed as when interviewing at some other firms. Nice office (Los Angeles) with a fantastic view. The interview was fairly typical, 2x45min. Good experience. Would have declined the offer if I got it.

Interview Question – I had to analyze the toothbrush industry using just very basic graphs provided by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – You do interviews with both an associate and a senior associate in the first round. You are asked to develop two cases studies, mines were a theoretic case (related to industrial organization theory) and an applied case related to business. Both interviewers ask about your CV and ask common questions.

Interview Question – Have you had a situation in which your actions have changed the consequences in a positive way?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – usual interview process. first of all a business case to be done on a computer and then an interview with a consultant

Interview Question – structure your thinking   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – It was the 2nd round interview for summer associate position. I flew into Atlanta the day before the interview. 2nd round consisted of 2 interviews: 1 with a partner and 1 with a principal.

Interview Question – The case was on car financing. It was a pretty difficult question, very open-ended. The market sizing was not too difficult, but you had to come up with creative insights. The market sizing question was to estimate the size of car financing market.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – introduced by ex-colleague who is now working at BCG. The interview took place three times. First one is with Manager, and the second one is with senior manager, and the third one is with engagement partner. I failed in third interview. The 3rd interview looked going well, but he doesn't conduct any case interview.

Interview Question – how many drug store in your city? how profitable they are?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on campus and through their website, and heard back within less than a week. I attended their info session, which was not very useful in terms of learning about cases but was a good opportunity to see their (impressive) offices. The actual interview was very straight-forward, although I did not feel like the interviewers actually tried to get to know me. It was all "down-to-business." It might have been because they were tired -- it was an 8am interview and they admitted to working long hours. Either way, it's a great company and that becomes evident as soon as you walk into the door. However, the interview process could certainly be improved and interviewers should be held to a higher standard.

Interview Question – There were two cases, one with each interviewer. Pretty standard cases.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Everyone is very friendly but the interviews are very thorough. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about yourself. The questions are more abstract and not direct about what you do specifically at your current job.

Interview Question – If your best friend had to use three adjectives to describe you, which would they be?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – The first round was very typical. There were two cases involving profitability and new business, with graphs and tables to analyze, both interviewers were very friendly and gave standard behavior questions, why consulting, leadership roles, team work. Oftentimes the interviews are running late, but do not feel rushed when answering the questions, it is better to think through your answer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Submitted application, scheduled informational phone interview. Phone interview went well; however, the travel commitments and my career aspirations did not fit well. All together, very positive experience.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward Q&A.   Answer Question