Boston Consulting Group

439 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied through employee referral. Heard back in 2 weeks and phone interview was brief. Explanation of position, run-through of resume and questions all took less than 20 minutes. Heard back a week later and didn't get the position.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Systems Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Sent my resume out, received an offer to interview not too long after. Fairly easy interview, consisting of mostly walking through my resume. Heavy focus on technical skills.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite class?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Started with a great phone interview/screen. Was then asked back for a 1 on 1 interview. Was not impressed with the manager I met with. Perhaps it was the day or time, but you could tell they were interested in getting along with their day and leaving the office more than finding out anything about me. Might have just been a difference in attitude but was expecting decorum from such a high ranking company.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about your job. (Was later critiqued for sounding negative about my current position.)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Long and strenuous interview process, but a great experience

Interview Question – I was asked about a trucking company that was experiencing revenue loss year-over-year.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Applied through the Advanced degree route. BCG came to campus for a presentation. Case practice workshop was conducted for first round interviewees. First round was in Chicago. Interviewed by two projects leaders. Each interview consisted of a 10 min fit component, a 30 minute case and 5 min Q&A. Fit and case were both pretty standard.

Interview Question – Heavy on data analysis from graphs/tables. Need to be quick/thorough with math.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Communications were good, lots of preparation for interview.
First interview went fine, interviewer was professional and upbeat.
Second interviewer was terrible. Constantly checked his e-mail, asked me to repeat what I was saying because he wasn't listening, gave me the wrong exhibits. Not very professional at all and made it difficult to solve the case

Interview Question – What should our client be worried about that they aren't thinking about?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I made initial communication with consultants within my preferred office and was accepted as a referred candidate. Additionally, I applied online and through BCG campus resume collection.

The first round interviews consisted of two 45-minute in person interviews. The interviews were ten minutes of fit/behavioral and the remaining time for one case each.

I was very nervous during the first interview and messed up the math...the interviewed was very kind and asked me to look over the numbers again.
The second interview went much better. The case and fit portion felt much like a conversation, and overall, I had a lot of fun during the interview!

The behavioral questions were very much expected. The case questions involved multiple graphs and additional facts. I strayed from my initial framework and had to be quick on my feet to respond to each interviewers prompts.

Additionally, it is helpful to know that I have a liberal arts (political science and economics majors) background. I have had no prior experience in the industry and relied mainly on online resources to learn about the case interview process. The case questions I encountered were not difficult because of the technicalities but because of how fast-paced it all seemed.

Interview Question – The fit and case portions were to be expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had first round interview in Atlanta. Two 45 minute interviews with first 10 minutes behavioral. Had market entry and cost case. Practice unit conversion because that is what through me off.

Interview Question – Look at this slide and tell me which supplier we should use.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – 2 round 1 interviews followed by 3 round 2 interviews

Interview Question – All interviews were typical case interviews. Familiarity with charts is important as they tend to use a lot of exhibits   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round through on-campus interviews. First round is two, 45-minute case interviews. It starts with a few questions about your resume, where the questions seem very much subject to change depending on your interviewer. Their case questions can be a little difficult, but they are made to be doable, at least in the first round.

Interview Question – Case Question   Answer Question