Boston Consulting Group

465 candidate interviews

Associate Interview

Associate

Interview Details – 1 Gmat Test + 2 Rounds of interview cases

Interview Question – Why BCG (I know it sounds easy but its tougher than you think)   Answer Question

Advanced Degree Consultant Interview

Advanced Degree Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I ultimately removed my application for consideration. I came to the conclusion that consulting was not for me.

With that being said my experience throughout the entire ordeal was nothing short of awesome. I have never run across a more down to earth caring group of professionals in industry before. The effort shown by the administration and consultants during the recruitment process was amazing. I have the utmost respect for BCG, especially the Houston Office.

Those of you thinking about entering a career as a consultant should consider employment with BCG.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were a leader... OK describe another time when you were a leader... OK describe another time when you were a leader. Describe a weakness, describe another weakness etc.

My advice to those of you interviewing, you need to have 3 examples for the various types of interview questions or most common interview questions. Do a google search online for the most popular interview questions.
  Answer Question

Consultant

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. 2 back to back case interview each round. Good learning experience. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Very professional experience.

Interview Question – Who are you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting at Wharton.

Interview Question – A company makes feminine protection products. They are facing contracting margins. A new supplier offers them a low price on a new low-tack adhesive. What criteria should the use to evaluate it?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – interviews after Bridge to BCG program

Interview Question – During the second interview, the interviewer asked me to read some data first without asking for a framework.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – - Comprehensive hiring process on campus; several networking sessions and dinners / cocktails
- BCG supported the interview process by organizing mock interviews with candidates
- Interview itself comprises 2 rounds of 2-3 45-min interviews (10-min behavioral, 30-min case and 5 mins to discuss other questions)

Interview Question – Nothing out-of-the-blue in terms of question. However, in second round with partners, it's likely that the interview structure could be non-traditional depending on the "mood" of the partner interviewing. Possible to end up even as a conversation / discussion about a topic of interest. But note that you are still being assessed on structured thinking, creativity, insights, etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Initially picked up via a 3rd party recruitment firm. Submitted CV and covering letter for specific BCG team (IVI Taskforce). Attended first round interview at which I met two BCG employees, one specifically from IVI team and one more senior general strategist. Both interviews had all the standard cultural fit and CV exploration. Both had a case study element, one relating to to a Swiss bank looking to reduce costs.

Interview Question – Maths elements of both case studies were quite complex and you were invited to ask questions or clarify. However interviewer sat right next to you which was slightly off-putting.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Interview Question – One time you did something with no supervision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group