Boston Consulting Group

465 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Three stages. Initial problem solving and excel based testing. Second interview is case studies and general interview with managers. Final interview is with hiring partner.

Interview Question – The problem solvers here are very hard and the case studies are not easy either. The interviewer will pressure but guide when needed.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Interview Question – Case, solve logical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Interview Question – Straightforward cases and behavioral   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details – Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Interview Question – One time you did something with no supervision   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got an interview through a referral. All communications were very cordial, and my impression of the office culture was that it was surprisingly calm and upbeat. The interview process consists of two short interviews with different consultants. In each of the two, you briefly go through your resume and talk about your background, then delve into a case question. Although I was very nervous and faltered during the first interview, my interviewer was kind and offered help when I needed it. My second interview went much better — I would almost say it was fun, and my interviewer was very friendly. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Question – My first question was essentially a pure math question, and it really threw me off.   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via website, took a month for them to contact me back (deadlines were very late January this year), but once I got a first round the second round was three days later and I got an offer that evening.

Interview Question – Difficult cases, very numbers focused   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – First and final round interviews were a week apart. Hiring process took a month overall.

Interview Question – Standard consulting interview. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – After on-campus networking sessions, the next step was to apply via my campus career center for an on-campus interview. The first round, they interviewed around 100 candidates on-campus, with a relatively small fraction moving onto second-rounds at each native office. The first-round consisted of two 45-minute interviews, with about 10-15 minutes of fit and a case for each. The second round was a similar format at the BCG office in my city of choice, but the cases were generally more involved, with the case given to me by the Partner being significantly more challenging and quantitative.

Interview Question – Explain to me how the situation that we have reached in this case is game theoretical, and how you would choose the best option.   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!