Boston Consulting Group Junior Consultant Interview Questions

3.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

BCG held a booth at a Job Fair where I dropped off my resume. I was later called back for a 20 minutes informal interview with one of the partners.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round assessment test (similar to GRE); second round case interviews, third round case interviews + group interview, reference + background check. Everyone very friendly and kind, but serious. Cases were interesting but challenging.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews can be very tough - I came from a non quant background so I found the rapid-fire mental math to be intimidating at times.   Answer Question
    contract said 'non-negotiable' so i didn't, but heard that other people did successfully do so

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

It was both very professional and a vey 'relaxed' atmosphere. I had two seperate case interviews: one with a consultant and one with a senior consultant from the firm, which were difficult and specified interviews. Although the questions were hard, the ambience was extremely relaxed. Overall it was a very nice experience

Interview Questions
    • You've worked in teams before. Can you give me an example of a team you've worked in where you made a decision that improved the outcome of the teams assignment? (answer). Ok, thanks. Now give me an example where you've made a decision that disimproved the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2014.

1. CV screening
    2. First round: numerical test + online case test + 1 case study interview (with Principal)
    3. Second round: 2 case study interviews (both with Consultants)
    4. Final round: 3 case study interviews (with 2 Senior Partners and 1 Principal)

The company was incredibly professional and very impressive in the way they conducted the hiring and interview process. Their HR team was stellar and everyone in the firm was very friendly. They made a potentially stressful situation become an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • All the cases were challenging but incredibly fun to solve. Perhaps the toughest question asked was regarding a recent project they had completed for the 2012 London Olympics. The objective of the case was to propose how to handle the increased traffic in the city centre with the influx of tourists, while also making sure that the tourists left the Olympics with a positive impression of London.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The firm offered me a great package that they and I felt I was worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

3 rounds, all at their offices in London:

Round 1: 1 case interview with a low-level consultant (for anyone coming out of a PhD, they'll look about the same age), one online test similar to the Mckinsey PST and one arithmetic test.

Round 2: 2 case interviews with project principals with some personal experience tagged on the front.

Round 3: 3 case interviews with partners, again with some personal experience tagged on the front.

I didn't find the process getting more difficult/intimidating as the rounds progressed. But obviously the competition your facing gets tougher. I screwed up a bit in at least one of the final round cases so I cant complain about not being hired - they were friendly but tough but fair.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked by multiple interviewers at multiple stages about a time where I had to successfully handle conflict within a team. In some cases it may have been because I alluded to the fact that there was conflict so there's a hint: they'll grab any chance they get to find out about how you fare under stress, conflict and pressure.

I also got the silent treatment in one of my final round interviews. Almost every question I asked was met with "what you your own assumptions be?" or "How would you go about it?". The guy warmed up a bit by the end though.
        Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First part of interview was behavioral
    Second part was an in depth business case, little guidelines from the interviewer

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online after attending a campus event. BCG is good in that they appreciate their candidates education, and offer an intermediate role between an associate and a consultant for those joining them with a PhD. Got through to the interviews onsite for three different assessments, one was a live case study with a current consultant, one standard arithmetic test, and one case study on paper format.

Interview Questions
    • Case study wasn't too difficult, but one really has to be used to the format before coming in. Practice is the key!   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Standard consulting company procedure. Phone interview, then several personal interview rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Common questions but pressure kept rising throughout the interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2012.

Through a recruiter. 3 45 minute case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward. Each interview was half CV based and half case. All cases were reasonable with some simple maths involved.   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!