Boston Consulting Group Junior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

3.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

BCG held a booth at a Job Fair where I dropped off my resume. I was later called back for a 20 minutes informal interview with one of the partners.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round assessment test (similar to GRE); second round case interviews, third round case interviews + group interview, reference + background check. Everyone very friendly and kind, but serious. Cases were interesting but challenging.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews can be very tough - I came from a non quant background so I found the rapid-fire mental math to be intimidating at times.   Answer Question
    contract said 'non-negotiable' so i didn't, but heard that other people did successfully do so

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

It was both very professional and a vey 'relaxed' atmosphere. I had two seperate case interviews: one with a consultant and one with a senior consultant from the firm, which were difficult and specified interviews. Although the questions were hard, the ambience was extremely relaxed. Overall it was a very nice experience

Interview Questions
    • You've worked in teams before. Can you give me an example of a team you've worked in where you made a decision that improved the outcome of the teams assignment? (answer). Ok, thanks. Now give me an example where you've made a decision that disimproved the outcome.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

3 rounds, all at their offices in London:

Round 1: 1 case interview with a low-level consultant (for anyone coming out of a PhD, they'll look about the same age), one online test similar to the Mckinsey PST and one arithmetic test.

Round 2: 2 case interviews with project principals with some personal experience tagged on the front.

Round 3: 3 case interviews with partners, again with some personal experience tagged on the front.

I didn't find the process getting more difficult/intimidating as the rounds progressed. But obviously the competition your facing gets tougher. I screwed up a bit in at least one of the final round cases so I cant complain about not being hired - they were friendly but tough but fair.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked by multiple interviewers at multiple stages about a time where I had to successfully handle conflict within a team. In some cases it may have been because I alluded to the fact that there was conflict so there's a hint: they'll grab any chance they get to find out about how you fare under stress, conflict and pressure.

I also got the silent treatment in one of my final round interviews. Almost every question I asked was met with "what you your own assumptions be?" or "How would you go about it?". The guy warmed up a bit by the end though.
        Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First part of interview was behavioral
    Second part was an in depth business case, little guidelines from the interviewer

Junior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online after attending a campus event. BCG is good in that they appreciate their candidates education, and offer an intermediate role between an associate and a consultant for those joining them with a PhD. Got through to the interviews onsite for three different assessments, one was a live case study with a current consultant, one standard arithmetic test, and one case study on paper format.

Interview Questions
    • Case study wasn't too difficult, but one really has to be used to the format before coming in. Practice is the key!   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2012.

Fit+case interview, a bit unpleasant atmosphere. Consultants are busy and tired, so there not really interested in supporting people...
    The interviewer was almost silent during the case, while it was connected to making own business.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2012.

Through a recruiter. 3 45 minute case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward. Each interview was half CV based and half case. All cases were reasonable with some simple maths involved.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Standard consulting company procedure. Phone interview, then several personal interview rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Common questions but pressure kept rising throughout the interviews.   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!