Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group
- Consultant (159)
- Associate (137)
- Associate Consultant (72)
- Summer Associate (66)
- Intern (44)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Junior Consultant (15)
- Analyst (15)
- Summer Analyst (11)
- Visiting Associate (10)
- Management Consultant (6)
- Administrative Assistant (6)
- Senior Associate (6)
- Summer Consultant (6)
- Executive Assistant (5)
- Project Leader (4)
- Internship (4)
- Principal (3)
- PTA (2)
- Full Time Associate (2)
- Part-time Assistant (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Recruiting Assistant (2)
- Associate Intern (2)
- Associate Researcher (2)
- Associé invité (2)
- Conseiller Associé (2)
- Management Consulting Associate (2)
- Manager (2)
- Knowledge Analyst (2)
Management Consulting Associate Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2011.
I applied trough the company's website without having prior contact with them. The day after HR department called to book an interview. After agreeing upon the date, they sent me an email containing information about the first interview, i.e. 1:1 case interview and the online case.
The first interview took place on a friday and lasted for a circa 2 hours. After arriving in their beautiful office building in Gamla Stan, Stockholm we got a presentation about the company. There were 3 other people their to be interviewed.
The First interview round consists of a 2 1:1 case interviews and one online case interview.
The Second Interview round consists of only one but very big case, for which one has to review a lot of information, and presentation of the solutions for the interviewer.
All the people that I met very very nice, helpful and professional. Along the interview they give some hints if you get stuck and they give you a good feedback on your performance. Moreover, all of them seemed extremely competent. The corporate culture seems to be very good as all the people I talked to or met in the hallways seemed nice and glad. My impression of the company was extremely good and I would recommend anyone to apply.
- Tell me about yourself (and follow up questions). 1 Answer
- Tell me why you are interested in management consulting (and follow up questions). 1 Answer
- Our client who is in the retail business for consumer goods has very high electricity costs. Can you identify the different sources that require electricity in the stores? Once you do that, which ones do you think are most electricity consuming?
Our client is considering installing doors on the refrigerators and freezers. What do you think? 1 Answer
- Our client is a medium sized pharmacy chain who is considering to introduce a customer club. What could be the benefits and downfalls of such a loyalty program? What would be the financial consequences. 1 Answer
- Our client is a concrete producer from India with three customer segments and three different types of products. Identify the most profitable customer segment? What implication does this have on the client's marketing strategy? What should are strategy be considering our competitors and their strengths and weaknesses. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group
Management Consulting Associate InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2010.
First stage of the process was being interviewed (1:1) by two different partners/managers (45 min each). They were both very polite and the first part consists of personal background/CV and then on to case studies. I did well on the personal part but not on the case interviews, but the feedback was very good and helpful.
- Why BCG? Answer Question