Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 9, 2014

3.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I applied via ADC recruiting at my university. Within two weeks I was notified of an interview the next week. Two simple profitability cases and fit interviews. Second round interview was with two principals, cases were relatively straightforward. Third round with managing partner consisted of creating a business plan in a different era.

Interview Questions
    • A 'just brainstorming' question that turned into a case.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

First and final round interviews were a week apart. Hiring process took a month overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

On-campus recruiting at Wharton.

Interview Questions
    • A company makes feminine protection products. They are facing contracting margins. A new supplier offers them a low price on a new low-tack adhesive. What criteria should the use to evaluate it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round interview was in Boston; two 45-minute interviews - one with a Consultant, and one with a Project Leader. Both interviews had a similar format - a little bit of chit chat, a couple of more formal fit questions, and then the case. The cases were reasonably tricky, requiring a structured approach and also some logic/insight.

Moved on to a final round interview in New York. Nearly identical format, but this time with Principals/Partners. Fit questions were a bit less formal (no "tell me about a time when..." questions), and one of the cases was quite unconventional. I felt that the interview went pretty well, but got a rejection call a few days later. Main feedback point was that I didn't do a good enough job of highlighting why I was interested in consulting. I was disappointed by the outcome, but left with a very positive impression of the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

3 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Presented Interviewees with graphs that we needed to analyze in a split second.   Answer Question
    They were amazingly flexible and open--I was incredibly impressed.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Masters Student at Target School. Applied through School. Shortlisted for Round 1 . Went reasonably well though they had to lead me a little bit towards the right answer. Was called to next round to New York. Was flown there. Interviewers there seemed disinterested. Thought I did Reasonably well. However Did not get a call.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the Size of the Ad Market in the US for a Site focussed on Real estate Investors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

2 rounds of case interviews; 1st round has 2 interviews with more junior-level managers; 2nd round has 3 interviews with more senior level managers

Interview Questions
    • Case that involved a lot of technical jargon that no one (unless you were a biomed PhD) would understand. Trick is to just look past that and treat it like any other business problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiating -- standard package

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

went to several events, got through first round of interviews, enjoyed all people met, did not get an offer for the summer but was encouraged to apply for a full time offer in the fall

Interview Questions
    • be ready for a question about a time you messed up and how you rectified the situation/what you learned   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2012.

People were friendly. Interview process consist of 2 rounds. 1st round is 2 interviews lasting 45 minutes each. 2nd round consists of 4 interviews with principals and partners at the office you want to work at.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!