Boston Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I applied via ADC recruiting at my university. Within two weeks I was notified of an interview the next week. Two simple profitability cases and fit interviews. Second round interview was with two principals, cases were relatively straightforward. Third round with managing partner consisted of creating a business plan in a different era.

Interview Question – A 'just brainstorming' question that turned into a case.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Interview Question – Case, solve logical questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – First and final round interviews were a week apart. Hiring process took a month overall.

Interview Question – Standard consulting interview. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting at Wharton.

Interview Question – A company makes feminine protection products. They are facing contracting margins. A new supplier offers them a low price on a new low-tack adhesive. What criteria should the use to evaluate it?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – First round interview was in Boston; two 45-minute interviews - one with a Consultant, and one with a Project Leader. Both interviews had a similar format - a little bit of chit chat, a couple of more formal fit questions, and then the case. The cases were reasonably tricky, requiring a structured approach and also some logic/insight.

Moved on to a final round interview in New York. Nearly identical format, but this time with Principals/Partners. Fit questions were a bit less formal (no "tell me about a time when..." questions), and one of the cases was quite unconventional. I felt that the interview went pretty well, but got a rejection call a few days later. Main feedback point was that I didn't do a good enough job of highlighting why I was interested in consulting. I was disappointed by the outcome, but left with a very positive impression of the firm.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews

Interview Question – Presented Interviewees with graphs that we needed to analyze in a split second.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were amazingly flexible and open--I was incredibly impressed.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Masters Student at Target School. Applied through School. Shortlisted for Round 1 . Went reasonably well though they had to lead me a little bit towards the right answer. Was called to next round to New York. Was flown there. Interviewers there seemed disinterested. Thought I did Reasonably well. However Did not get a call.

Interview Question – Estimate the Size of the Ad Market in the US for a Site focussed on Real estate Investors   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of case interviews; 1st round has 2 interviews with more junior-level managers; 2nd round has 3 interviews with more senior level managers

Interview Question – Case that involved a lot of technical jargon that no one (unless you were a biomed PhD) would understand. Trick is to just look past that and treat it like any other business problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating -- standard package

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details – went to several events, got through first round of interviews, enjoyed all people met, did not get an offer for the summer but was encouraged to apply for a full time offer in the fall

Interview Question – be ready for a question about a time you messed up and how you rectified the situation/what you learned   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – People were friendly. Interview process consist of 2 rounds. 1st round is 2 interviews lasting 45 minutes each. 2nd round consists of 4 interviews with principals and partners at the office you want to work at.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!