Boston Consulting Group
Boston Consulting Group Project Leader Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Consultant (120)
- Associate (101)
- Associate Consultant (52)
- Summer Associate (43)
- Intern (29)
- Analyst (12)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Junior Consultant (10)
- Summer Analyst (10)
- Visiting Associate (7)
- Management Consultant (6)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Summer Consultant (4)
- Internship (4)
- Senior Associate (3)
- Project Leader (3)
- PTA (2)
- Principal (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Part-time Assistant (2)
- Associate Intern (2)
- Management Consulting Associate (2)
- Manager (2)
- Scholarship (1)
- Summer Business Analyst (1)
- Consultant In Training (1)
- Workshop (1)
- BST (1)
- Financial Systems Intern (1)
- Research Analyst - Global Advantage Practice (1)
Project Leader Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.
Interview Details – All in all 4 interviews: 3 with Partners, 1 with Principal
2 general interviews (with Partners) on project background: industries, project scope, deliverables etc.
2 interviews with cases:
- Cost analysis and improvements proposal for a bank IT organization
- Review and renegotiation approaches for a 3rd party outsourcing contracts
Interview Question – Share concrete examples, when your creativity help you to solve problem or overcome challenge. View Answer
Project Leader Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2010.
Interview Details – 4-5 interviews including HR and final offer. You go ahead only if the previous one is successful. Very consistent interview process across different interviewers. Mostly case based - 2 cases per interview is a minimum. The cases are usually a stripped down version of a real life case example that the person must have gone through.
Interview Question – Why move from a consulting company to another consulting firm Answer Question
Project Leader Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.
Interview Details – 1) Phone screen with senior partner discussing experiences on my resume.
2) Two in-office interviews with principals - discussed view on consulting businesses, and worked through case interviews (w/ heavy quant component)
3) Three in-person interviews with partners - included case, career aspirations, reasons for considering leaving current company
Interview Question – Who is winning the data war between pharmaceuticals and health insurance companies? Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Level and compensation of offer was too low.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group