Boston Consulting Group

3.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First, an email to request and phone interview. Then if all goes well an in-person interview with the broader team and HR member. I met with three team members and one HR consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone had the same questions because they read it off of a sheet that HR printed out for them. It was repetitive and insincere.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

First round had two 45 minute interviews with ~5 minutes behavioral, ~35 minutes case, ~5 minutes questions. Interviewers were very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Second round had a 15 minute fit interview with a recruiting director and two 45 minute interviews with senior partners, same distribution of time. Partners weren't as encouraging, but that's expected.

Interview Questions
    • Talking about the effect of a new product entering a market on the elasticity of supply and demand in that market and in the raw materials market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

I went to several presentations on campus and spoke to many of the ADC consultants from the west coast. Everyone was extremely friendly and open. It helps to network before submitting the cover letter through the website.
    Once submitted, they were a little inconsistent in letting people know whether they had a first round interview. They invited us to an interview prep workshop 2 days before which was nice but a little too late. My interviewers were great but I ultimately was unable to read the situation and do well.

Interview Questions
    • Business case didn't feel like the practice ones given. Case on solar panels. Not quite interviewer or interviewee led. Still was interesting even though I could tell by their body language that I was not going on to the next round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Applied online, flown to SF office, passed 1st round but did not make it past final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Generally professional, treats you well. Nice accommodations and preparedness. Atypical and interesting cases.

Interview Questions
    • Determine why the stock of an airline company is going down despite increasing revenue and profits   Answer Question
    • Determine whether to enter the Green Car market as a major car manufacturer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Still haven't interviewed yet. I have been preparing a lot and my interview is coming this week. I wanted to use this site to look at some of the questions that others have faced interviewing at this company. I will update my info after my interview to provide a more detailed description of my experience

Interview Questions
    • The client was a major credit card company (e.g. Mastercard, AmEx, etc.) with $2B annual revenues. Last year, they entered into the Chinese market with limited success -- only bringing in $6M in revenues. They have entered into other emerging markets and have been successful. The CEO wanted to know whether the Chinese market is attractive, and what are some strategies for either growing in the market or retracting from the market.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview consisted of two case study interviews which two associates both based out of San Francisco office. Mostly easy going but they did not ask any behavioral question. Make sure you know why you want to work for BCG.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2010.

Two back to back interviews. Each about 40m minutes, 10-15 behavioral and the rest a case study. On the harder sides of cased studies as the interviewer did not have data, all had to be based on my assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • Decide whether the Amsterdam municipality should enter the canal boat servicing market.   View Answer
    • Analyze declining revenue for a walgreens type company   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2010.

I had 2 first-round interviews on campus, both of which were case interviews. 3 second-round interviews were then held in the San Francisco office. The structure of all the interviews was very similar, with the first 5-10 minutes being resume-based. The questions here were pretty standard and generally nothing to worry too much about. The next 25-30 minutes are dedicated to the case portion of the interview. BCG has a very analytical culture, so be prepared to work with numbers throughout the case. Finally, the last 10 minutes or so are reserved for questions. This part is also pretty standard, although it can be a good time to gain a few bonus points if you can ask poignant, thought-provoking questions. I had a great experience with all five of my interviewers, with all of them being very open and helpful. In general, it is very important to make the case into a dialogue with the interviewer, rather than a presentation or solo exercise. Although most of the interviews I had were partners at the firm, they were very willing to help work through the case and add helpful insights along the way.