Boston Consulting Group Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.8

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 interviews in the first round, 2 more in the second. Shockingly unprofessional throughout. They forgot they had scheduled my second round and didn't apologize (I had cancelled two other super-day interviews for the same day) and when they did reschedule (because I had scheduled my exploding offers around the original second round), they acted like I was a huge nuisance and uncommitted (first question in the interview: why am I here today?). Then I had to email and finally call for 3 days up until the evening of my deadline (facing radio silence) for them to (finally!) reject me. Also wasn't reimbursed for my first round travel, but apparently that's industry standard.

I really liked the people I had met from BCG and was super-excited (and prepared) for the interview, but the process really soured me. In retrospect, I feel guilty for keeping my other offers waiting for a firm that treats its tentative future hires so badly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviewed in 2 different offices due to my location being different than the office I applied for. 1st round was with 2 principals from regional head office. The usual fit questions and a case each. After 10 days I have been informed that I have passed and would interview with the office that I have actually applied for

It took a little while for them to arrange the trip but eventually I have interviewed with 2 partners and a project manager in a similar way above. They quickly informed me about the result and I was invited to see the regional head.

Last round was a single interview. Shorter than usual. More general than previous interviews, including out of the class knowledge. A short case and some fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you will face as a consultant?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Campus Interview process had multiple rounds (3). Each round had two interviews. All the interviews were classic case interviews. Various kind of topics were picked up, most were from projects on which the interviewers had actually worked. Each interview was roughly 20 minutes. Besides case, there was some amount of discussion on personals but was bare minimum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in September 2010.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews @ 2 interviewers each

Interview split into 3 parts: behavioral interview, case interview and Q&A

They get back to you very quickly after each interview and give you feedback on what to improve for the next interview

Interviews get easier the further you go along (the first was the toughest!)

Interview Questions

• Case interview... no unexpected cases just be prepared to think beyond the obvious   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Except one person, all the people met during the interview process were clear in exposing the case and going throught it step by step.
    The process is very long and was as follows :
    Round 1: Internet based test to test your analytical skills + a case study
    Round 2 : "Basket case" asking you to answer 4 questions (via written slides) + 2 case studies
    Round 3 : 2 case studies

Interview Questions

• Questions about motivations to join BCG and not other consulting companies. You need some insight informations about the office you are applying to.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2010.

Interview

Starts with a round of phone interview followed by multiple rounds of case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Personal: Why BCG, Why do you want to leave current firm, etc   Answer Question
    • Case interview: Tractor mfg is showing declining sales, why?   1 Answer