Boston Consulting Group

Updated Nov 18, 2014

4.0

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Two first round on campus interviews, they interview a lot of people. Second round interviews were at the office, four 1 on 1 interviews. All the interviews had a bit about your background, and a case study. Some case studies had charts and tables to analyze, others were purely just back and fourth questions.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to go through a lot of case studies. Must come up with a lot of different ideas to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

It was the 2nd round interview for summer associate position. I flew into Atlanta the day before the interview. 2nd round consisted of 2 interviews: 1 with a partner and 1 with a principal.

Interview Questions
    • The case was on car financing. It was a pretty difficult question, very open-ended. The market sizing was not too difficult, but you had to come up with creative insights. The market sizing question was to estimate the size of car financing market.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Applied by emailing one of the HR people (got her contact details via a mutual friend). Everyone was very friendly, although I didn't feel as relaxed as when interviewing at some other firms. Nice office (Los Angeles) with a fantastic view. The interview was fairly typical, 2x45min. Good experience. Would have declined the offer if I got it.

Interview Questions
    • I had to analyze the toothbrush industry using just very basic graphs provided by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview was practice cases. Difficult if you didn't prepare.

Summer Associate Interview

First round on-campus interview (2), second round on-site interview (3)

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite book and why? Point to something you didn't include in your resume   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Summer Associate Interview

You must must must practice case studies with a partner, it's not really enough to just read Case in Point (although it's a good starting point). You can't really be over prepared. Make sure to be organized and logical in your approach.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Applied through the university career portal. only made it to first rounds, had 2 45 minute interviews. A case for each. Very straightforward cases, interviewers were very professional. Make sure you have good questions to ask at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Given a graph with 3 possible scenarios, asked whether or not the company should invest.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I interviewed on campus and then had a final round at the office I applied to. The guys I interviewed with were great, with tons of interesting experiences and insights about a career in consulting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you as a leader had to prove yourself   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2013.

Went through competitive campus recruiting process, networked with people at the firm who were alumni from my school