Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

4.0

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview was practice cases. Difficult if you didn't prepare.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

First round on-campus interview (2), second round on-site interview (3)

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite book and why? Point to something you didn't include in your resume   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Summer Associate Interview

Applied by emailing one of the HR people (got her contact details via a mutual friend). Everyone was very friendly, although I didn't feel as relaxed as when interviewing at some other firms. Nice office (Los Angeles) with a fantastic view. The interview was fairly typical, 2x45min. Good experience. Would have declined the offer if I got it.

Interview Questions
    • I had to analyze the toothbrush industry using just very basic graphs provided by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

It was the 2nd round interview for summer associate position. I flew into Atlanta the day before the interview. 2nd round consisted of 2 interviews: 1 with a partner and 1 with a principal.

Interview Questions
    • The case was on car financing. It was a pretty difficult question, very open-ended. The market sizing was not too difficult, but you had to come up with creative insights. The market sizing question was to estimate the size of car financing market.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Two first round on campus interviews, they interview a lot of people. Second round interviews were at the office, four 1 on 1 interviews. All the interviews had a bit about your background, and a case study. Some case studies had charts and tables to analyze, others were purely just back and fourth questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to go through a lot of case studies. Must come up with a lot of different ideas to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2012.

Very nice people. Helpful throughout the case interview. 2 interviews, both had fit questions (why consulting, tell me about a time you were on a time, etc.) and then went through a full case. One case was a lot harder than the other -- initially a profit case, which was easy, but suddenly switched to a complicated market sizing case which is what threw me. Overall good experience and the people were very friendly.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

For a summer intern position, the first round consisted of two 45-minute interviews that involved a few behavioral questions and a case. The questions were pretty standard -- walk me through your resume -- and the case didn't involve anything too difficult. It was almost like a formality; they had already picked their top candidates and they just wanted to see them in person. I haven't been called back for round two, but I haven't been denied yet, either. They have called a few to bring them in again.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • A case involving a large shipping company and new international air route opportunity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

The interview included three case interviews mixed with behavioral aspects. The entire process was friendly and collegial. My advice would be: let your personality shine through, even during the case. Make sure they know who you are, not just how well you can crack their case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you were part of a group and you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2009.

First round: Got two interviews, one with a project leader, the other with a consultant. Both were 45 minutes, 10-15 minutes behavioural, the rest case. One case was very technical and highly quntitative, the other was less framed and required me to come up with a creative solution. Both were typical interviews that could have been predicted. Both behavioural was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • When working on a team, do you take the role of a leader, or that of a team player?   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!