Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2014

4.0

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Masters Student at Target School. Applied through School. Shortlisted for Round 1 . Went reasonably well though they had to lead me a little bit towards the right answer. Was called to next round to New York. Was flown there. Interviewers there seemed disinterested. Thought I did Reasonably well. However Did not get a call.

Interview Questions
  • Estimate the Size of the Ad Market in the US for a Site focussed on Real estate Investors   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2012.

I was offered an interview on Thursday evening via email for the following Friday. Two 45 minute interviews, around 3-4 behavioral questions, 30 mins of case, a little bit of time at the end for questions.
    Be careful, some behavioral questions can be difficult if you do not prepare, for example "Describe a recent business case you have encountered and how you would have approached it as a BCG consultant"

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent business case and how you would react as a BCG consultant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2012.

Very nice people. Helpful throughout the case interview. 2 interviews, both had fit questions (why consulting, tell me about a time you were on a time, etc.) and then went through a full case. One case was a lot harder than the other -- initially a profit case, which was easy, but suddenly switched to a complicated market sizing case which is what threw me. Overall good experience and the people were very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2011.

Recruiting manager from office called to set up the appointment, and was very friendly. The firm was flexible on both the date and time. The day consisted of 2 interviews, each including a case and a behavioral portion. Cases were straight-forward and what you would find in various books. They were also very interviewee driven, so be prepared to ask (appropriate) questions to drive the conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2010.

accepted from school, tough case interview didn't get offer

Interview Questions
    • how many tennis balls fit in a 8 x 8 room?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

I had two case interviews. Both interviewers were friendly and overall the experience was positive. I received a call by the next morning letting me know I was not being considered for second round interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2010.

I had 2 first-round interviews on campus, both of which were case interviews. 3 second-round interviews were then held in the San Francisco office. The structure of all the interviews was very similar, with the first 5-10 minutes being resume-based. The questions here were pretty standard and generally nothing to worry too much about. The next 25-30 minutes are dedicated to the case portion of the interview. BCG has a very analytical culture, so be prepared to work with numbers throughout the case. Finally, the last 10 minutes or so are reserved for questions. This part is also pretty standard, although it can be a good time to gain a few bonus points if you can ask poignant, thought-provoking questions. I had a great experience with all five of my interviewers, with all of them being very open and helpful. In general, it is very important to make the case into a dialogue with the interviewer, rather than a presentation or solo exercise. Although most of the interviews I had were partners at the firm, they were very willing to help work through the case and add helpful insights along the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The interview included three case interviews mixed with behavioral aspects. The entire process was friendly and collegial. My advice would be: let your personality shine through, even during the case. Make sure they know who you are, not just how well you can crack their case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you were part of a group and you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

There were 2-3 rounds of presentations made by team coming down from BCG to the campus. Initial resume submission, followed by a shortlisting of candidates. This is followed up by a dinner with few consultants and partners. Finally, 2 to 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews are conducted based on case-interviews & few HR type of questions.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Extensive interview process focusing on fit/experience, as well as problem-solving and communication. These are tested through a fit-style interview and case-interview respectively. My suggestions would be to prepare for both the fit interview and case interview components with similar rigor. It is easy to focus on cases, but even if you nail the case you aren't an attractive candidate if they can't see themselves being stuck on a plane with you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do consulting, BCG specifically?   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation.