Boston Consulting Group

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very difficult interview, since some (but not all) interviewers were abrasive. There is an expectation to be very quick and quantitatively accurate. There's a strong focus on the cases, with less time devoted to the experience part of the interview (which included topics on leadership experience and achievements).

Interview Question – What was your biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through school's hiring page. First round consisted of two cases, about 20 minutes each. Time at the beginning to go over one experience on my resume and a few questions at the end. Two very friendly interviewers with rather basic cases with a couple of calculations.

Was called on the following Monday to schedule second rounds. Second rounds took place in my choice office. Consisted of three interviews, 45-minutes each. Two principals and one partner. About 10 minutes of fit in a mixed fashion. Some "tell me a time you did this..." some explain this part of your resume. Each case was real work in interesting situations. Extremely free-wheeling, so having a good up-front structure was very important. None of them had definitive answers and none felt "aced."

Beautiful office, extremely bright and friendly people.

Interview Questions

Summer Associate

Interview Details – For a summer intern position, the first round consisted of two 45-minute interviews that involved a few behavioral questions and a case. The questions were pretty standard -- walk me through your resume -- and the case didn't involve anything too difficult. It was almost like a formality; they had already picked their top candidates and they just wanted to see them in person. I haven't been called back for round two, but I haven't been denied yet, either. They have called a few to bring them in again.

Interview Questions