Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

4.0

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Very difficult interview, since some (but not all) interviewers were abrasive. There is an expectation to be very quick and quantitatively accurate. There's a strong focus on the cases, with less time devoted to the experience part of the interview (which included topics on leadership experience and achievements).

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

For a summer intern position, the first round consisted of two 45-minute interviews that involved a few behavioral questions and a case. The questions were pretty standard -- walk me through your resume -- and the case didn't involve anything too difficult. It was almost like a formality; they had already picked their top candidates and they just wanted to see them in person. I haven't been called back for round two, but I haven't been denied yet, either. They have called a few to bring them in again.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • A case involving a large shipping company and new international air route opportunity   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Applied through school's hiring page. First round consisted of two cases, about 20 minutes each. Time at the beginning to go over one experience on my resume and a few questions at the end. Two very friendly interviewers with rather basic cases with a couple of calculations.

Was called on the following Monday to schedule second rounds. Second rounds took place in my choice office. Consisted of three interviews, 45-minutes each. Two principals and one partner. About 10 minutes of fit in a mixed fashion. Some "tell me a time you did this..." some explain this part of your resume. Each case was real work in interesting situations. Extremely free-wheeling, so having a good up-front structure was very important. None of them had definitive answers and none felt "aced."

Beautiful office, extremely bright and friendly people.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2009.

First round: Got two interviews, one with a project leader, the other with a consultant. Both were 45 minutes, 10-15 minutes behavioural, the rest case. One case was very technical and highly quntitative, the other was less framed and required me to come up with a creative solution. Both were typical interviews that could have been predicted. Both behavioural was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • When working on a team, do you take the role of a leader, or that of a team player?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2008.

People came to my school to recruit. Everyone seemed really intense and nice. Willing to talk about the company. I thought very highly of the company. The interview process was not that stressful. I had first rounds on campus and final rounds in New York. Both allowed me to meet very intelligent and personable people. No question when it came time to accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenging situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question