Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2014

4.0

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milano (Italy)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Very difficult interview, since some (but not all) interviewers were abrasive. There is an expectation to be very quick and quantitatively accurate. There's a strong focus on the cases, with less time devoted to the experience part of the interview (which included topics on leadership experience and achievements).

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2010.

Applied through school's hiring page. First round consisted of two cases, about 20 minutes each. Time at the beginning to go over one experience on my resume and a few questions at the end. Two very friendly interviewers with rather basic cases with a couple of calculations.

Was called on the following Monday to schedule second rounds. Second rounds took place in my choice office. Consisted of three interviews, 45-minutes each. Two principals and one partner. About 10 minutes of fit in a mixed fashion. Some "tell me a time you did this..." some explain this part of your resume. Each case was real work in interesting situations. Extremely free-wheeling, so having a good up-front structure was very important. None of them had definitive answers and none felt "aced."

Beautiful office, extremely bright and friendly people.

Summer Associate Interview

For a summer intern position, the first round consisted of two 45-minute interviews that involved a few behavioral questions and a case. The questions were pretty standard -- walk me through your resume -- and the case didn't involve anything too difficult. It was almost like a formality; they had already picked their top candidates and they just wanted to see them in person. I haven't been called back for round two, but I haven't been denied yet, either. They have called a few to bring them in again.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • A case involving a large shipping company and new international air route opportunity   Answer Question