Boston Financial

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Financial in October 2014.

Most hires come through a temporary placement agency Adecco. Interviews are conducted by the Adecco manager and mostly consist of gauging interest in the job and whether I would rather work on incoming phone lines or outgoing. There was a difference in hours as well and I wanted the full time position. The interview was with one other potential candidate in the room.

There really is not much to negotiate. There were two starting hourly rates one dollar apart. I got the higher. After that there is not much to negotiate.

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Financial.

Very quick. Phone call from a recruiter and a 1 on 1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Financial.

Phone interview, in-interview - behavior questions

Mutual Funds/Corporate Securities Representative Interview

Received a call to schedule an interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Interview is conducted by two Boston Financial Employees. Behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you were in charge to achieve goals.   Answer Question

Mutual Funds Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Financial.

Phone interview then and in person interview with basic questions.

Mutual Funds/Corporate Securities Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Financial in May 2012.

Very easy. Sat down with two managers and it was nothing out of the ordinary. Took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a senerio in which you had to use your creative mind.   Answer Question
    I accepted and that was it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, ME

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Financial in May 2012.

I sat through an interview with a panel of two people and then another person took over. The whole process lasted about an hour and a half. Mostly they were "tell us about a time" and "what did you do under these circumstances" type of questions.
    The interviewer seemed a little uncomfortable. It felt like she was being evaluated by the other person as to how well she was conducting the interview. The second "half" of the interview was with someone who was evaluating whether you had the computer skills necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a customer who was really upset.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when a computer program you were using failed. How did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Financial in May 2012.

Quick one time interview. They ask all the basic questions about your personality and situations where your personal strengths come out.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Financial in December 2011.

Sent resume to the hr contact via the school career board and received a call the next. Asked my current situation and wanted to know if I would come in. Interviewed with a panel of coworkers then the group manager. Then finished with another hr who asked brief personal questions. They mentioned a quick turn around as far as letting me know, but instead after calling to find their decision, I received a brief email. Nothing more. Bad etiquitte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Financial in October 2011.

Average to fairly long application process online. They hire about 30 people at a time every few months. Receive a call to come in and be interviewed. I haven't heard of anyone yet that has received a call and didn't get hired after the interview.
    Interview is all basic HR hiring questions you'll be asked by a HR rep and a manager taking notes. Questions will be ones like "talk about a struggle experience and how you manged to get through it" and "talk about your best and worst attributes" simple questions like that.

Interview Questions
    • all fairly easy personality/life experience questions.   Answer Question