Boston Market Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.0

Back Up Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Market.

Interview

when I was hired it was great but after a week it was like I was working somewhere else.... but from the beginning she seem like I was applying for the army.... she was always late.....I just knew it was going to be bad but I needed the money.

Interview Questions

• why does it seems that no one know what there are doing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Market (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Okay wel my interview was not a traditional interview. When I was 15 the manager asked me if I wanted a job because I seemed in and I was a usual customer. So 9 months later I turned 16! On the day of my 16th birthday I went in for lunch and he came out and gave me my interview. I got the job the day of my birthday! No application necessary. The manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What days and times can you work?   1 Answer
    • If there was a very rude customer that you knew you were not going to be able to deal with, and they get angrier and angrier what do you do?   1 Answer

Catering Driver Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. You will receive a phone call from the hiring manager, you may then be asked to meet at one of the stores. The interview location is very relaxed as it's in one one the Boston Market locations. You'll be asked about your past employment, if you have a vehicle that can carry large items, and your vehicle will be inspected to make sure it's clean and of appropriate size to handle the items you'll be transporting.

Interview Questions

• Since I had no preconceived notions, I don't believe there were any questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The details about when I would would be getting paid was discussed as well as how the daily contact / delivery schedule or appointment(s) would be communicated.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston Market (Westmont, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It took only 5 minutes. We just talked about my availability and how the company runs. She only asked me one question. She was very sweet and made me feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with something tough and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Had to take a long, multuple-choice test.   1 Answer

Catering Delivery Interview

Interview

I saw the job listing on Craigslist and submitted my resume to the hiring manager. Within a few hours, I got a call to set up an interview later in the week. It ended up not being much of an interview, but a meet and greet with other potential drivers. We basically just scanned our driver's licenses and were hired on the spot.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

The first time I entered the restaurant, I stood at the front for almost 10 minutes before someone noticed me. I was hopeful looking at the environment and asked for an application. The manager liked me and I filled out paperwork the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was started at $8 because they thought minimum wage was going to be raised.

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

Was standard fare for the type of job.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Market.

Interview

Was referred by a family member to work there. Her coordinator called me, set up an interview, I had a 3 hour working interview, and was hired the next day. Interview process was one of the easiest of my life.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The coordinator knew what my expectation was, came in way under that, and when he called to tell me he said he had already tried to barter with them (corporate). I (don't know why) accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Market (Canton, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online which included a 60 some odd question quiz that included basic math and some english/grammar. They give you ten minutes to answer the questions, but I didn't actually finish it. About two or three days later the manager called me up and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted roughly 35 minutes. He started off by asking me about what extra curriculars I participated in (I am going to be a senior in high school this year). I told him more than I should have probably because he replied with "Wow, that's a lot of stuff are you sure you have time to work?" to which I replied "Yea, I quit most of that stuff." He then went on to ask me if I have ever been inside of a Boston Market before to which I stupidly replied (I don't know what possessed me) "No, but i've had your food before." He then asked me what their number one selling product was. The answer is chicken (in case you are stupid like me and say everything they have on their menu lol). After, we went over the menu, then he finally asked me two questions: What should I expect from him as an employer and what should he expect from me as an employee. I didn't give him the exact answer he was looking for the first one, but then second one I got spot on. He then explained the hours, what kind of job I would be doing, ect. Finally, he talked to me about uniform and where I could purchase them, ect. At the end of this all, he offered me the job on the spot. He literally gave me one day to think it over though, and since this wasn't my job of choice and I had 3 other interviews that week, I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• -What should I (as a worker) expect of you (the manager/staff) as an Employee?   1 Answer
    • -What should management expect of me (as a worker)?   1 Answer

The hours offered were not ideal; it was 3 hours a day, four days a week; most of which days were during the week, and I wanted to work two or three days a week and then two days on the weekend v four days during the week. For school purposes.