Boston Market Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
24 interviews

2.0

Catering Driver Interview

The hiring process was very easy. You will receive a phone call from the hiring manager, you may then be asked to meet at one of the stores. The interview location is very relaxed as it's in one one the Boston Market locations. You'll be asked about your past employment, if you have a vehicle that can carry large items, and your vehicle will be inspected to make sure it's clean and of appropriate size to handle the items you'll be transporting.

Interview Questions
    • Since I had no preconceived notions, I don't believe there were any questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question
    The details about when I would would be getting paid was discussed as well as how the daily contact / delivery schedule or appointment(s) would be communicated.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Market in October 2011.

Easy interview with only a few questions about past experience and customer service experience. Interview was pretty straight forward. The manager explained the details of the job and talked about uniforms. He told me that I got the job and gave me a schedule for training and then I filled out paperwork.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Boston Market in June 2014.

It took only 5 minutes. We just talked about my availability and how the company runs. She only asked me one question. She was very sweet and made me feel very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with something tough and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Market in May 2013.

What are your Hours of availability? Are you able to lift and move 60 pounds of weight and products without need of help? Are you over 16? Do you have proof to work in the US?

Server Interview

Normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a long, multuple-choice test.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Market in May 2012.

This was a four interview process. I spoke with three managers before being considered to work here. It was a quick process with paper work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, "what would you say is most important on the job as a cashier." They were looking for something along the lines of making sure the customers are taken care of and they are happy.   Answer Question

Catering Delivery Interview

I saw the job listing on Craigslist and submitted my resume to the hiring manager. Within a few hours, I got a call to set up an interview later in the week. It ended up not being much of an interview, but a meet and greet with other potential drivers. We basically just scanned our driver's licenses and were hired on the spot.

Assistant General Manager Interview

The first time I entered the restaurant, I stood at the front for almost 10 minutes before someone noticed me. I was hopeful looking at the environment and asked for an application. The manager liked me and I filled out paperwork the next day

Interview Questions
    I was started at $8 because they thought minimum wage was going to be raised.

Hourly Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Boston Market in June 2009.

Hiring process is simply pulling applications off the internet through our back office system. The system rates people based on their application answers as to whether they are able to be promoted or not. No one is supposed to be hired without the prospect of promotion.

The interview process is pretty cookie-cutter. There are a set of questions we must ask and judge based on the replies, such as "Tell me about a time you worked well with a team", etc.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there are any really difficult questions   Answer Question
    They ask you how much you would like to make per hour.
    Aim high. Let them negotiate with you lower. Don't settle for minimum. They will pay more.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Canton, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Market in August 2013.

I applied online which included a 60 some odd question quiz that included basic math and some english/grammar. They give you ten minutes to answer the questions, but I didn't actually finish it. About two or three days later the manager called me up and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted roughly 35 minutes. He started off by asking me about what extra curriculars I participated in (I am going to be a senior in high school this year). I told him more than I should have probably because he replied with "Wow, that's a lot of stuff are you sure you have time to work?" to which I replied "Yea, I quit most of that stuff." He then went on to ask me if I have ever been inside of a Boston Market before to which I stupidly replied (I don't know what possessed me) "No, but i've had your food before." He then asked me what their number one selling product was. The answer is chicken (in case you are stupid like me and say everything they have on their menu lol). After, we went over the menu, then he finally asked me two questions: What should I expect from him as an employer and what should he expect from me as an employee. I didn't give him the exact answer he was looking for the first one, but then second one I got spot on. He then explained the hours, what kind of job I would be doing, ect. Finally, he talked to me about uniform and where I could purchase them, ect. At the end of this all, he offered me the job on the spot. He literally gave me one day to think it over though, and since this wasn't my job of choice and I had 3 other interviews that week, I turned it down.

Interview Questions
    • -What should I (as a worker) expect of you (the manager/staff) as an Employee?   View Answer
    • -What should management expect of me (as a worker)?   View Answer

The hours offered were not ideal; it was 3 hours a day, four days a week; most of which days were during the week, and I wanted to work two or three days a week and then two days on the weekend v four days during the week. For school purposes.

Worked for Boston Market? Contribute to the Community!