Boston Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.5

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Medical Center.

Interview

This was the worst interview process I've ever been through. Applied for a job from a posting at the beginning of September. It said to send a resume directly to the email address of the supervisor. I phone interviewed about a week later, mainly going over my resume with the supervisor. I then got an in person interview and went in about a week and half after the phone interview. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly your basic HR questions and ones I'd seen directly on websites that you can google to coach you for a job interview. However, the interview was with four people at the same time which would have been nice to know ahead of time.

I was then called in for another in person interview about three weeks later to meet another person that works in the office. Not a big deal but annoying because I lived an hour away at the time and the meeting took only 15 minutes. They also did not offer to comp my parking or anything either time. I was asked to submit 4 references (thats more than ive even been asked for) and a writing sample after this and was told they would have a decision in a week. They proceeded to contact my references and two weeks go by. I checked in to see what was up and they said they'd be in touch if they want to proceed. Another two weeks go by and I get an email asking if I'm still interested, which I was at this point in time. Then i have to submit all the materials I already gave them online through HR and they said it would take time for them to review it with HR and make a decision. I wait another two weeks and no word. I decide to contact them and they had already hired someone.

The interviews themselves were really easy but it's rude to contact references and make me jump through hoops and then not have the courtesy to tell me I'm not longer being considered. This may not hold true for all of BMC but for this specific department, the process was extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Describe your organization process.   1 Answer

Accounting Assistant Interview

Interview

BMC has a very long interview/hiring process with the cori/background check it takes roughly around 2-3 months to get hired here based on my experience. Expect to receive one phone interview and 2 in person interviews if you are a candidate they are interested in hiring.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you do at your job now?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I got the interview because i work with staff that work with the hiring manager. I met with the clinical supervisor and i also met with other people that i could potentially work with. lastly, i met with the admin manager, got an offer and accepted.

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the Customer Operations Manager and it was pretty well I would like to say. She brought me into the ITS Operations Center and met with herself and 2 other leads. The interview went well since I'm knowledgeable in a lot of areas. Got informed 2 weeks later that she had picked someone else but that did not pass the background check and offered the job to me by default.

Negotiation

There was none.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. Generally tired to figure out my work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They weren't able or willing to negotiate. And they offered lower than promised

Central Service Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Central service Supervisor, met me personally and brought me Office in Central Service and was very easy going and made me feel at ease. Looked at my resume and wanted to see my personality.
     Very professional, friendly, and asked some questions based on personality in regards to central service technician, specifics such as working relations with co-workers, part of job you feel most proficient about, Exc.

Certified Nurse Midwife Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online with my resume. Was contacted by director of midwifery service who requested cover letter. She then emailed me to set up interview. Met with her for an hour. Very nice person. This group is very focused on diversity and cares for patients from many backgrounds so you might be asked to discuss your experience with cultural diversity.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to deal with cultural diversity and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict with your supervising physician and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was seemless. The atmosphere was welcoming as any PICU floor could be. The nurses and staff were accommodating. I took a medication administration exam, a tour of the floor, and may my potential managers. The entire process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

I declined the position due to another offer that I accepted. This position I declined because I did not hear back from the company in a timely manner.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very friendly, informal atmosphere.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

the hospital seemed to be a nice working environment. lots of intellectuals, but unfortunatately that was not the case within the hiring department. went on for three days and culminated in a 9 panel interview. seemed to be a little overload, but in the end, was not offerred.