Boston Medical Center

Updated Dec 3, 2014

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Medical Center.

This was the worst interview process I've ever been through. Applied for a job from a posting at the beginning of September. It said to send a resume directly to the email address of the supervisor. I phone interviewed about a week later, mainly going over my resume with the supervisor. I then got an in person interview and went in about a week and half after the phone interview. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly your basic HR questions and ones I'd seen directly on websites that you can google to coach you for a job interview. However, the interview was with four people at the same time which would have been nice to know ahead of time.

I was then called in for another in person interview about three weeks later to meet another person that works in the office. Not a big deal but annoying because I lived an hour away at the time and the meeting took only 15 minutes. They also did not offer to comp my parking or anything either time. I was asked to submit 4 references (thats more than ive even been asked for) and a writing sample after this and was told they would have a decision in a week. They proceeded to contact my references and two weeks go by. I checked in to see what was up and they said they'd be in touch if they want to proceed. Another two weeks go by and I get an email asking if I'm still interested, which I was at this point in time. Then i have to submit all the materials I already gave them online through HR and they said it would take time for them to review it with HR and make a decision. I wait another two weeks and no word. I decide to contact them and they had already hired someone.

The interviews themselves were really easy but it's rude to contact references and make me jump through hoops and then not have the courtesy to tell me I'm not longer being considered. This may not hold true for all of BMC but for this specific department, the process was extremely disorganized.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Medical Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Medical Center in September 2012.

Very easy interview. Generally tired to figure out my work experience

Interview Questions
    They weren't able or willing to negotiate. And they offered lower than promised

Project Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Medical Center in April 2010.

I was an internal transfer, which BMC likes to hire. I met with the Administrative Director who was more of a soft interviewer. Questions were basically what direction did I want to go in, why did I want the position, and how did I qualify. My current supervisor interviewed me a few days later and told me more about the job and asked the same questions in my first interview. With each interview I felt like I did much less talking than my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions as were not technical problems or business cases. Mainly why do you want this position and what can you offer.   Answer Question
    The position was technically lateral, so I was unsuccessful in negotiating a higher salary. In past experiences with this organization, I was able to negotiate easily to a higher salary.