Boston Private Bank & Trust Company

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Private Bank & Trust Company

CSA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Private Bank & Trust Company in December 2014.

I applied online, submitted my resume, cover letter, and some letters of recommendation. I was contacted via email, arranged a phone interview with the recruiter, had another interview with a few offices that I was interested in, went to interview in person at the headquarters (interviewed by panel and also 4 separate one on one interviews), then went to each office that I was interested to interview with the supervisor there. A few days later, I was contacted again by the recruiter and offered the positions. This all happened from November to December 2014 and I will be starting in January 2015.

Interview Questions
    • What will you miss the most about you last job? What do you know about this company? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question
    I gave my desired salary during my phone interview and since it was within their range, there was no issue.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.

Hiring process takes some time. Boston Private Bank and Trust is very thorough, ensuring they choose someone who is "just the right fit." There are several interviews at different locations as well.

Interview Questions
    • "We are rather unique, compared to other banks. What makes you the right fit for the company?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I knew ahead of time the salary, which was set at the maximum for anyone starting in this position.

Client Service Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Private Bank & Trust Company in August 2014.

Submitted application online, this included a resume and cover letter. Recieved a phone call maybe 2 days later went through the interviewing process, a few days after I recieved a phone call offering me the position. Went over benefits and salary offer during said phone call.

Interview Questions
    Pretty straight forward went over the default things such as benefits and PTO then the salary offer, didn't wiggle too much so can't comment on what negotiation would be like.

Portfolio Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.

Standard. No unexpected questions, if you understand the role well. They wanted to know how well would I work with other people within the bank, because everyone works closely together at all times.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interviewers where very polite and went out of their way to make me feel welcome.   Answer Question