Boston Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Public Schools

Data Inquiry Facilitator Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Public Schools.

I submitted a resume and cover letter and was invited for a phone interview within a couple of days. The phone interview was with two people the director of Data inquiry and another facilitator. They asked pretty standard interview questions (e.g. successes, failures, descriptions of myself, etc.). I was sent an performance task within a few days which I was to complete within two days. The task consisted of manipulating an excel workbook of student standardized test scores in order to be better digested by teachers; creating a visualization of the the workbook (graph); and noting themes from the data. I was invited to an in person interview for which I had to prepare to facilitate a professional development session with teachers based on the data in the performance task. The interview was with several superintendents and the data inquiry team. I was also given a case study and asked to reflect on it and then role played based on the case. I was then had a final interview with a superintendent that led the Office of Data and Accountability. This was very basic and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to lead people with more experience than you and a time that you were led by people with less experience than you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Public Schools in May 2011.

Invited to interview at a Boston high school for an ESL teacher position. First, I interviewed with the two co-teacher leaders of the unit. Questions were mostly about fit with the unit, working with non-traditional (older) students, relevant experience, and foreign language competency. Next I met with two teachers who were currently teaching the classes I was interviewing for. Lastly, I interviewed with the headmaster.

Interview Questions