Boston Scientific Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Product Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

The hiring process took about 2 months from the schedule of the 1st phone interview to the offer letter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, basically went over the job description and asked pretty direct questions about my experience for the job in which I applied for. 3 weeks later I was invited to do face to face interviews with 5 people from the team. They were all given 30 minutes for one on one time with me. I enjoyed this part because you get to meet the team and get a feel of what your getting yourself into. Overall the team was welcoming and intelligent. I had a brief excel test that one of the analyst made. I felt good about the interviews, unfortunately the director of the department wanted to meet with me as well since he was traveling, we couldn't meet for another 3 weeks. I think the process is normally faster.

Interview Questions
    The salary offer was set in stone, but they offered a higher signing bonus to offset the gap plus higher annual bonus payout.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?
        Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
    One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Interviews were panel interviews with each panel ocmprised of either Engineers or Managers. Good questioning that focused on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly routine questions. Nothing extraordinary   View Answer
    You had to accept the initial offer. Not much berth for negotiation

Boston Scientific IS Intern Interview

I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

no negotiation

Financial Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2014.

Full 1hr on-campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 different people, both young alumni from my school. Basic behavioral questions, mainly highlighting resume achievements.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Questions
    • really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question
    I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2012.

BSC actively recruited me. Interview process was pretty laid back until the end when it was time to negotiate start date. First interview was screening with HR, then had phone call with hiring manager, then trip to Natick. I was leaving from a competitor and there was an issue with comp owed to me from my former employer. I was constantly reminded that there was a raise in pay, and that I should be happy joining such a great company for the right reasons. They also reminded me there were layoffs at my current company. I didn't budge and stalled two months. When they realized I hadn't been laid off and I wouldn't leave unless they sweetened the pot, they caved. HR was very pushy, asked some questions that were borderline inappropriate. Seemed like there was a lot of unnecessary red tape around title, comp, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will like working for your boss? Do you think you will like the culture here- we don't want to make a mistake?   View Answer
    I took my time and stalled. They ended up giving me what I asked for.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!